Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

Everyone on Reddit and other social media platforms seem to think the sale means the end of the project. BlogTO in particular made it seem like it was a dead deal. Sometimes I shake my head at the spin development gets in this city.

It's two tall structures with plenty of units; its totally conceivable that sales would run from April to the end of the year or longer.

For me, waiting until April to see some movements is long and seem far.
I wonder why they can't begin to sale their condos now
The 2 tower are approved,so nothing prevent them to start their sales.
I dont want that negative external forces kill the project. By negative external forces,i mean real estate market crash or something else.
Sorry if a show some concerns and if i am anxious.

I just don’t think that would happen. Even if there was a huge market crash this is the kind of iconic legacy project that would still attract buyers even in slower times. This isn’t the kind of project geared towards faceless investors.

I've been absent for a while (away a lot). Just heard the news, and it's great news indeed.

To the doubters: this project will sell, and it will sell well. Yup, I believe this project will be built ( ... unless there is a worldwide depression, who knows about that?).

This is a really important project. Toronto doesn't need so much more than an intensification of the various "destination points", and this part of King West is indeed that -- the area anchors nightlife, cultural activities, convention activity and the like. There is an adjacent square and a concert hall in the immediate area. This is one area that should be animated all the time and this project will help toward that aim. The coolest architecture in the city.

Gehry? Check! Just musing ... wouldn't it be cool to have Jean Novel work on the Yonge/Bloor changes that are coming? Just a fond dream of mine.

Does Mirvish still plan to house his art collection here? Losing that would be a great loss to the project.

UT member Logan posted a great photo in the 87 Peter St thread and I saw an opportunity to (crudely) shop in these towers. Height should be about right, unfortunately not a lot variety in the angles they've released for this!
Mehry Tower Mock.jpg

Original image: 2017-09-19-Toronto Downtown-34 by werner bayer, on Flickr

Attachments

• Mehry Tower Mock.jpg
    Mehry Tower Mock.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 603
Last edited by a moderator:

Back