Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

I let a lot of your doom and gloom slide by, but I can't stop myself this time: you're being the definition of glass-half-empty on this one. Even though, yes, this is moving slowly, they've just spent a ton of time working out a very complicated pair of buildings down to the tiniest detail, and made a few hundred technical changes for the sake of the Site Plan Application… and you're wondering if they're serious about completing this? With the amount of work that is now in evidence on the city's Application Information Centre website, they're very, very serious.

Capable may have been a better choice of wording than serious.

Of course, I'm going to lean towards a glass half empty point of view. Everything that I have come to known about this project suggests Mirvish/Projectcore is taking his sweet time (presumably while he looks for investors). Granted he has leeway given that he has held the properties for decades but, the opportune time to builds is always as soon as possible. The future market is always guesswork

Stop making it out that a long list to check off and site plan applications aren't par for the course for just about any development. It shouldn't take 3 years to submit if he was shovel ready.

Reactions: DB9
Despite the recent revelations in SPA work, it is taking an extraordinarily long time to get this project underway. Not even a hint of a sales centre or pre-sales so even this is far off. The only real saving grace for this project is they don't have to carry land cost unlike other major projects but market timing could hurt them. And I still think they need, and are possibly having trouble acquiring, investors and/or financing.

We aren't the only ones concerned about this project. SkyscraperCity has placed these towers on the "Stale Proposal" list.

*reminds folks that the recent SPA changes reveal literally tens of thousands of dollars worth of planning work and that this is a much better indication of the status of things as opposed to whatever SkyscraperCity has on their site or which ads are appearing on Instagram*

*reminds folks that the recent SPA changes reveal literally tens of thousands of dollars worth of planning work and that this is a much better indication of the status of things as opposed to whatever SkyscraperCity has on their site or which ads are appearing on Instagram*

Possibly, but it's still worth noting that quite a few people are concerned about this project and the lack of information/action from the developer.

Possibly, but it's still worth noting that quite a few people are concerned about this project and the lack of information/action from the developer.

Quite a few people think the moon landing was a hoax, too.

I don't mean to be curt, and obviously things have moved somewhat more slowly than usual here, but A) this is an unusual project, and B) we just saw evidence of a significant amount of work conducted, without which the project could not have continued to advance.

Quite a few people think the moon landing was a hoax, too.

I don't mean to be curt, and obviously things have moved somewhat more slowly than usual here, but A) this is an unusual project, and B) we just saw evidence of a significant amount of work conducted, without which the project could not have continued to advance.

Agreed, I had been extremely frustrated at the 'radio silence' but am re-assured by recent news.

I get about one a day about this project.

I'm also registered but all the ads I receive are about other "Gehry " projects. The only one that has come out about this project in a long time was the potential aerial views or other T.O. events etc.

gehry la.jpg

Attachments

• gehry la.jpg
    gehry la.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 758
Their social media channels are very active. The only reason there isn't much content related to this project is that they have nothing official to announce as of yet in terms of sales or final plans.

I'm also registered but all the ads I receive are about other "Gehry " projects. The only one that has come out about this project in a long time was the potential aerial views or other T.O. events etc.

View attachment 119585

Gehry just talk talk talk talk like waste his time but project will never built since they didn't do anything for more than 2 years! where is bluepaint? there is no bluepaint! there is nothing! I believed project was halt and cancelled but Gehry, he just old man with bs talk too much

we won't see this project forever for 100% just like Oxford project, Oxford or Mirvish & Gehry both project been waste time and took long but never happenes! The One finally happened! I hope One Yonge or another project will success like The One did!

Back