Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

With no information at all trickling out of city planning - or elsewhere - and TIFF passing them by, I would have to conclude things are in a holding pattern.

But here we are on the first day of TIFF and I haven't seen anything

A press conference would have been scheduled for TIFF with invites going out weeks ago had they planned something for TIFF. Nothing of the sort was sent out (at least not to us).

With no information at all trickling out of city planning - or elsewhere - and TIFF passing them by, I would have to conclude things are in a holding pattern.

Planning is expecting a site plan shortly.

I found this article by a Boston Globe reporter covering TIFF

My usual modus operandi at Toronto is to pound four to five movies a day for five or six days (or until my brain turns to cream cheese), while reporting back to you, the reader. each year, I pledge to be more choosy, and then
I arrive in downtown Toronto — the cleaner, nicer New York — and everything goes to hell.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/mo...tory.html?p1=Article_Related_Box_Article_More

Not sure what financial backing has to do with it. Zoning doesn't allow 3 towers. Outdated renderings is a fitting tribute to Projectcore's sole partnership with a previous experienced developer named Harry Stinson

Maybe who ever built this bad boy could take it on...?
image.jpg
Sorry i just came across this Image a few days ago... No Idea where its built or who built it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 1,492
Oh. I don't know if I like it as much now that I see it's an elephant. But it's a very interesting texture. Cool that they made an elephant building... Just maybe too literal for me

1. Not an elephant. It's the headless Winged Victory of Samothrace, currently residing in the Louvre, blowed up real good and rendered in dark glass.

2. The building does not exist. Good luck to Russian architect Vasily Klyukin getting it built, somewhere, anywhere, looking anything like it looks in the renderings.

3. Totally off topic.

I hope they build this awesome building(s) because it will take the attention away from those ugly 40-50 floor, cheap, glass towers in the surrounding area.

Back