Toronto Fly Condos | ?m | 24s | Empire | Graziani + Corazza

Thanks BobBob and Andrew.

Add another vote for 'yuck' - what is up with these horrible floorplans !?!?!

The best I've seen were Radio City's.

The layouts are nothing more than standard but I do have to give them marks for their larger than average bedrooms. (On most layouts).

Do they assume that nobody cooks? I don't get the appeal of having the kitchen in the living room... it makes more sense with an island acting as a divider, but these are just weird.

The layouts are nothing more than standard but I do have to give them marks for their larger than average bedrooms. (On most layouts).
Large bedrooms are nice, but when the general square footage is so small, would one not want the actual space to be of the general living area? Bedrooms are single-purpose rooms, for the most part.

Large bedrooms are nice, but when the general square footage is so small, would one not want the actual space to be of the general living area? Bedrooms are single-purpose rooms, for the most part.

single purpose??
Speak for yourself there sonny.

That aside, I agree. If its got to be small at least squeeze the space into the living room.
I am so surprised that builders are pushing forward with these goofy kitchens.
I would so prefer to see more creative use of space with sleeping areas. Murphy bed wall unit end/ dresser behind a a faux solid french door thing ? ..Something like that. Bring back the 'real' kitchen!!!

Site Plan

this is how FLY will SIT on the ground ...

Fly-siteplan.jpg

and relative to the surroundings, could this be the future of the block ? Front Street is at the bottom, Spadina Avenue on the left, Blue Jays Way on the right

(derived from Entertainment District Masterplan presentation - http://www.entertainmentdistrict.ca/images/Closing_Presentation.pdf)
ClaranceSquareconcept.jpg

Fly's plan doesn't fit exactly into that conceptual block plan, but it is interesting to see what the City intended for the site. The conceptual plan seems to ignore actual property holdings in regards to that former rail siding alignment at least, which does form the northern diagonal edge of Fly's extents.

(And it's good to see you back Solaris!)

The conceptual plan seems to ignore actual property holdings in regards to that former rail siding alignment at least, which does form the northern diagonal edge of Fly's extents.

not really ... follows the site plan application from 2002ish pretty well

but I guess I-42's point is that the City's concept plan for the block fails to acknowledge existing property ownership boundaries (shown below) ...

Fly_lotting.jpg

Exactly.

Yeah, the price is HIGH. About 600 psf, without parking and locker. I think they are now throwing in parking or locker or both to stimulate poor sales. They launced just before the meltdown, so I gather that sales have not been robust. This is one of those projects that might never reach the 70 percent sales target...

Location is good, but there is a fair amount of competition within walking distance that are ahead in sales due to timing.

Back