Toronto Five St Joseph | 160.93m | 48s | Five St. Joseph | Hariri Pontarini

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    694.9 KB · Views: 1,470
I can't wait to see 11 Wellesly West, in that view. It will be quite interesting, along with those 2 towers near Collage Street. We have a lot to look foreword to here.

This is definitely a project that calls for withholding judgment. Without the bracing on the balconies, it's hard to imagine to what extent the curves will show up on the finished project. Based on the quality of the podium/base execution, I'm optimistic.

Amazing how buildings like this just 15 years ago would be considered an incredible project (as far as height is concerned), and now it's just another 40+s condo going up. Dat bubble.

I wish more condos today would incorporate the use of dark glazed windows like this building. The contast between the white trim and dark blue windows make the building stand out from a distance.

40+s isnt such a big deal anymore its true, especially in the entertainment district where they are all the same height and are comparatively close to Shangri La and the core.
FIVE looks really tall though, probably in part because its on an incline, it currently stands on its own amongst shorter buildings, and I think also because it is so sleek and smooth, none of those clunky balconies etc.
I am personally very curious to see the balconies take form, but unless a complete disaster I cannot imagine how they could spoil this.

Have you guys seen this building in real life? I am not sure why so many people love it so much. It's very bland and boring in real life. But that's just my opinion.

I walk past it multiple times a day and look out at it from my apt. Its not my favourite building in the city, but I do think its quite nice.

You may have a point when it comes to the quality of the materials they use create these buildings. It looks like the fasades will only last ten years. Since we are in a construction boom they have to build them quickly leaving us cheap looking buildings. You will never see another structure like the Scotia tower go up with its marble and deep rustic glazed windows. Let's hope they don't put up a cheap high rise building to the east side of it covering it's beauty.

It's also the difference between banks wanting to create solid long term legacies vs investors looking to get in and out fast while maximizing profits.

Back