Toronto Five St Joseph | 160.93m | 48s | Five St. Joseph | Hariri Pontarini

The all-important windows will be coming for the podium next, but it's looking really promising!

The laneway on the south side is open, so you can actually walk around to the backside of the podium as well. I was (pleasantly) surprised to see that they've also used real brick along that interior laneway where hardly anyone will ever see it. I doubt that interior lane will ever be used for anything other than vehicles and servicing, so it's an especially nice touch.

From two days ago:

P1410202.jpg

Attachments

• P1410202.jpg
    P1410202.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 2,016
It's funny when a 50s comes close to topping out and I think, "that's it"?!
Nicely done here, I like everything about it so far.

Love the dark glass being used here. Without the balconies it looks like it could be an office tower. The white frit glass balconies should provide some great contrast.

Love the dark glass being used here. Without the balconies it looks like it could be an office tower.

Agreed. And I'm surprised we don't have more of it: smooth dark-glass coloured buildings/office towers (the TD Centre and X Condos don't count). I'd love to see a building with cladding and height similar to Trump World Tower built in the city. Stop building green and blue and try out black!
FIVE turned out fantastic. Even without the wavy balconies (although it's full effect has yet to be seen) it would have looked equally as stunning.

Back