Hamilton FirstOntario Centre Renovations | ?m | 4s | OVG | BBB

It would be cool if they brought back the Coliseum name as a tribute. Imagine, "WestJet Coliseum" or "RBC Coliseum".
I would really appreciate that.

First off, I hate First Ontario Centre and First Ontario Concert Hall. So confusing.

Second, I prefer when arenas and such are named after what they are. ie. Molson Amphitheatre vs Budweiser Stage. It's an amphitheatre... And designed that way.

Call the arena "X Arena" or "X Coliseum" and call the hall "X Hall".

Yep. Either one of the buildings can be considered a centre and either one can be considered a concert hall.

Nothing major and no photos (not much interesting) but there is a single dumpster out front. Not sure this is necessarily the beginnings of any renovations as I believe Cirque de Soleil is still performing in December? Also no permits to my knowledge, but I haven't checked in a while.

Despite that I think they said the arena will continue to operate through the spring while renovations commence.

No other permits yet, and we're on the brink of February, except this one, which I'm curious about:
1000003835.png

No other permits yet, and we're on the brink of February, except this one, which I'm curious about:
View attachment 536462

A friend of mine was recently working at the FirstOntario Centre for a film shoot. While he admired the charm of the "old school barn," he noted that the building felt like it was going to collapse on itself due to how old and tired the facility looked.

Back