Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

Got mine today as well! Snapped a few pics to share with everyone else who hasn't seen it yet.

Does indeed come in a small gift bag
8149265980_26f5e86a78_b.jpg

It's a small chunk, and just a little more than an inch thick. This side looks like it's would have been the back face, still has that rougher machined look.
8149233855_29ec3c0c01_b.jpg

This side is smoother and it's probably a bit darker in person than it might look in the image. It's quite obvious how weathered these panels got over the years, just looking at the discoloration.
8149263312_99046bbfa4_b.jpg

Also came with a small business card with a few details back to front.
8149235113_b89be53c46_b.jpg

8149234467_61c76c2f3b_b.jpg

Okay - we are planning a marble give-away at a pub night later this month, on Monday, November 26th, with details to come.

Great idea to have a pub night! Looking forward to it.

Okay - we are planning a marble give-away at a pub night later this month, on Monday, November 26th, with details to come. Those who have asked for a piece in this thread before this post will get one - for others we will be having a trivia contest.

Mark the date.

Details to follow!

We're finally having a pub night! Woo! Will be cool to finally meet some of ya.

ohhh (sad face) wish i could make it there and meet some of you and get a piece or even pay for it. sadly im quite a few miles away in peterborough. but glade to know others will be receiving something. thats so cool. jelious but glade to know fans of torontos architecture and its history( like my self) can have a piece of it and pass it down to thier kids as a great storey to tell.

Okay - we are planning a marble give-away at a pub night later this month, on Monday, November 26th, with details to come. Those who have asked for a piece in this thread before this post will get one - for others we will be having a trivia contest.

Mark the date.

Details to follow!

Okay, so tomorrow is November 26th. No details yet :(

Sorry - looks like it has to be put off one week. We've been dealing with too many things in the last couple of weeks and it has fallen by the wayside.

I mentioned before that i'd like to have a piece but the only problem is that I live in Hamilton.
Is it possible to visit your offices instead to pick one up?

Hi Guys, we've been trying to send out a note to every UT member for the past couple of days about this, but it seems that the announcement manager is just as broken as much as what has slowed down the forum for the past several days. (We're trying to get both of these problems solved.) In the meantime there has been the following notice pinned to the top of every subforum on UrbanToronto for the last few days now:

UrbanToronto Pub Meet - December 3, 2012

UrbanToronto can be pretty lively online… but what's it like at a pub meet?! Come on out to C'est What at Front and Church on Monday, December 3, from 7 PM onwards, and join friends and meet others that you've debated with, for or against, as we talk about this endlessly fascinating city over a pint or two of the many fine craft brews that are C'est What's specialty. We will have a quick trivia quiz with some special things to give away for winners, including chunks of First Canadian Place marble. See you there!

PS - This is a rescheduling of the original Nov 26 date.

Zach: Yes. Please email craig@urbantoronto.ca

For anyone who stated earlier in this thread that they would like some of the FCP marble but who were unable to attend yesterday's Pub Meet (which was good fun by the way, nobody flamed anyone), then we will have marble at the UT offices available to be picked up sometime. Other arrangements might be possible too. If you would like to drop by, please call 416-363-3101x222 and Nada can help you with arrangements.

For those who won prizes in the quiz, please do the same above to arrange to pick the prizes up if you left before they were handed out.

If you would still like a chance at some marble and other prizes, then please check out the front page story here, which has the quiz on it.

Cheers all!

My brother works at FCP & picked me up a bag a few weeks ago, it's now a great conversation piece on my coffee table. I have a third of a brick from the Uptown Cinema too but I keep that tucked away, it still makes me sad.

Back