Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

I think it's hilarious now how every building is getting / adding lighting features. First of all, none of them are remotely interesting aside from the CN Tower, and second of all - when so many buildings have it, it's not longer a novelty and just ends up looking trashy.

I think a better model to follow would be Murphy/Jahn's Highlight Tower in Munich - where LEDs are used sparingly to great effect - lighting up the entire edge looks really tacky (e.g. Dallas).

AoD

They were giving out the facade pieces in the management office today. I was really happy to get one as working in FCP is my first real job.

There are a few boxes worth left so get it while you can.

They were giving out the facade pieces in the management office today. I was really happy to get one as working in FCP is my first real job.

There are a few boxes worth left so get it while you can.

Where's it located? Wouldn't mind a chunk (believe it or not, I have a collection of this kind of thing--piece of the US Capitol, piece of the Berlin Wall, piece of the USS Constitution, unused Darwin Martin House brick....)

Where's it located? Wouldn't mind a chunk (believe it or not, I have a collection of this kind of thing--piece of the US Capitol, piece of the Berlin Wall, piece of the USS Constitution, unused Darwin Martin House brick....)
Concourse level in the corridor next to Harry Rosen.

The receptionist has them at her desk. I just got another one for the bf.

Concourse level in the corridor next to Harry Rosen.

The receptionist has them at her desk. I just got another one for the bf.

Thanks. Know exactly where that is. Guess I know what I'm doing on break tomorrow.

It will happen - soon - details to come.

Okay - we are planning a marble give-away at a pub night later this month, on Monday, November 26th, with details to come. Those who have asked for a piece in this thread before this post will get one - for others we will be having a trivia contest.

Mark the date.

Details to follow!

Last edited:
Thanks. Know exactly where that is. Guess I know what I'm doing on break tomorrow.

Yep, still had 'em. Folks at work were suitably impressed--I think some of 'em went down and got one after I secured mine. Come in a nice little gift bag, too.

Back