Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

Inside the Bell Lightbox:
http://www.blogto.com/film/2009/08/inside_bell_lightbox/

200908-bell-lightbox-4.jpg

200908-bell-lightbox-5b.jpg

200908-bell-lightbox-6.jpg

Just a little update....

I was walking by today after FanExpo 09 and noticed that the precast seems to have been cleaned up. Looks better. Overall this project is shaping up rather nicely.

I walked by this project yesterday and have mixed feelings about it. I find it looks more institutional than commercial. Perhaps that's because the cladding reminds me a lot of Foster's building at UofT.
1332556700_de838226ca.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1097/1332556700_de838226ca.jpg

For a "Film Festival" centre, there isn't anything that plays homage to this fact. It looks more like a giant medical centre. It may be too early to judge, but I was hoping for a little more "pizzazz" given it's primary purpose is to entertain.

One of the problems I had with the design and condo is that they didn't really reflect film. The condo could be anywhere and the Lightbox, while nice, could have a different name slapped on it for a different purpose and I don't think anyone would complain.

cool! I really liked the view out onto King St with those heritage buildings filling the windows... that should look amazing at night when the building is complete.

Other uses for Lightbox

Thanks everyone for finding the pix. I can see the Lightbox also being used for other events such as the Comedy Festival and perhaps even as extra space for meetings being held at the Convention Centre as there seems to be no shortage of flexible event rooms.

The cladding is mostly done on the front, but it's still covered in protective film. In the places where it's peeled back you can see that they're narrow panels with a black matte finish

according to the lastest floor plans the "Freeman" penthouse is available on the 45-46 floor...

They could label it the 67-68 floor, but that doesn't change how many storeys the building is. Did you look to see what "floor" the lowest level units are on? 8th, perhaps? (I don't know, just guessing). CityPlace buildings don't have 4, 13, 14, 24, 34, 44, and 54 "floors".

Back