Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

nice shot, cal, I am beginning to think that maybe the podium on this one is starting to overwhelm the street? It is freaking massive...

Wonder how the effect is sitting at one of the restaurants across the street....maybe it's too early to be sure...

I would imagine that the lot behind the heritage buildings on the south side of King will eventually be developed. With some height, any new development there would shore up the presence of the low-rise heritage buildings without compromising them:

Aug 6

3796483809_35defc7a3b_b.jpg

3797300676_7771c917e2_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be mistaken, but I believe I have seen development proposals for a few of the surface parking lots to the south and southwest of the site.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but during TIFF, each night from 8pm-12am, they'll be using the John Street facade of the building as a movie screen:

"Jeremy Shaw, Marco Brambilla and Oliver Pietsch -These three emerging artists reinvent cinema's past through dreams and hallucinations with three feverishly urgent works. Presented as a kind of audio visual baptism for TIFF Bell Lightbox, they will be projected against the John Street side of the building as a continuous loop each night of the Festival. "

nice shot, cal, I am beginning to think that maybe the podium on this one is starting to overwhelm the street? It is freaking massive...

Wonder how the effect is sitting at one of the restaurants across the street....maybe it's too early to be sure...

I actually posted that exact sentiment a few pages back. And it actually came to me AS I was sitting at one of those patio's across the street.

It seemed however the overwhelming consensus at the time was if I didn't like massive and overwhelming podiums, I should "move to Mississauga" or something along those lines...

Perhaps it reflects more of a KPMB aesthetic, urbandreamer. They designed Lightbox and the Concordia buildings.

Last edited:

Back