Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

I went and checked out this building today... the balconey glass looks top notch.... i'll post some photos later as im not at a computer right now....unless steve wants to post some of my previous pics from skyscraperpage which i posted this afternoon...

hehehe... no problem cal :)

AWESOME photos of Festival by Caltrane74 on Skyscraperpage!

I think we're at 30 floors!!!.... It suprisingly doesn't look too tall considering it's over half way done... :confused:

sany1414f.jpg

4125354905_37e1654daa_b.jpg

There pics were posted originally on skyscraperpage... that's right!... it was posted there before it got on UT!... lol...

Love both sites equally :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we're at 30 floors!!!.... It suprisingly doesn't look too tall considering it's over half way done... :confused:

That's probably because the Lightbox is so wide. It makes the Festival Tower look stubby, but don't worry, it will be very visible in the skyline.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Steveve b. you are first in line when i hold the competition to be my protoge... that balconey glass is really something different for toronto.... dont think ive seen them here like that before.

I believe sandblasting one or both sides of glass gives it a "frosted" look (reducing transparency) ... fritted glass has enamel-fired images in the glass eg. simple dots (like Foster's U of T pharma) or the new BMO cladding which uses geometirc shapes (hexagons?) to create a kind of marble illusion (tip 'o the hat to the old cladding).

I'm sure almost any image could be fired into a frit.

Either way, the light is diffused.

Back