Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

This is an exceptional project but I have one complaint: I wish the precast on the residential element was not beige (a colour that does not appear to fit in with the other colours of the building). I am sure they have the capacity to colour the stone somehow and I would have preferred to have a light grey stone.

There's precast on the residential tower?

It's on the east side of the podium below the residential tower.

Yes, I've seen that (it looks better in person) so there's no precast on Festival Tower then, just the Bell Lightbox.

They've installed a glass railing on the East side of the tower and it looks really slick. It's a piece of glass with some square steel squares placed mid pane to join them together. The bottom is finished with a piece of silver cladding and looks really clean. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it looks.

Best glass in the city?

4123374241_eebdcb40bc_b.jpg

4123374997_eaa6543720_b.jpg

4124145490_53fac3d1b5_b.jpg

4123378279_3196e66a65_b.jpg

4124148110_2f6209c24d_b.jpg

4123380159_7dff23256d_b.jpg

4123381913_89c57b8829_b.jpg

4123386061_0862637c3a_b.jpg

Best glass in the city?

Excellent photos PE!

Best glass? Maybe. Recent highrises like Telus and BA come to mind, but it's looking like this may indeed rank up there.

The glass on that balcony absolutely rocks, what a great finishing touch. Dare I ask if the undersides of the balconies will be treated? Surely they will, they've done everything right so far.

Festival tower is looking to become the crowning jewel of the Bell Lightbox. My expectations were originally tempered, but it's looking like some of the materials on part of the Lightbox are being carried up into the condo tower successfully. Here's another building that I'm now thinking deserved a few more floors to give it a little more prominence on the skyline, like Telus.

Still think the best glass in the city is on 550 Wellington but this balcony treatment is really slick. I only wish the regular windows had larger pieces of glass to add to the sleekness.

Is it me or is that precast cladding pretty dirty? I like the building and podium overall but the finish on the cladding looks pretty cheap given all the other choices.

WHOAH!!!...

So glad to see this thing get taller!!!

The glass looks a little creamy/faded IMO... not a complaint though :)

Great shots! :)

Is it me or is that precast cladding pretty dirty? I like the building and podium overall but the finish on the cladding looks pretty cheap given all the other choices.
It's just moisture you're seeing in the images. I walked by the project this afternoon and the precast actually looks pretty good in person. It did have some sort of (rust?) staining about six months ago, right after it was installed, but it's been removed.

Back