Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

August 2 2009 update

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

With the height of the ceilings in this room, it should be quite interesting. If that's gonna be all glass, it will have an amazing view and atmosphere. Does anybody know what that room will be used for?
Friday-JULY30-09006.jpg

Parties!

(And the outdoor staircase will be used for seating for open air film screenings.)

nice shot, cal, I am beginning to think that maybe the podium on this one is starting to overwhelm the street? It is freaking massive...

Wonder how the effect is sitting at one of the restaurants across the street....maybe it's too early to be sure...

So far this is exceeding my expectations, and my expectations were high. Great photographs this past week folks!

the podium section facing King is looking like a success with the patterned / mixed opacity glass. And with the tower portion gaining height quickly now I suddenly find myself quite enthusiastic about this project...

I think MLS is pretty 'big city' too. Big podium, mixed use, pourous, well-connected. But Lightbox is being inserted into a pre-existing street-scape so its impact is more dramatic.

Last edited:
I think MLS is pretty 'big city' too. Big podium, mixed use, pourous, well-connected. But Lightbox is being inserted into a pre-existing street-scape so its impact is more dramatic.

Agreed, and well stated.

Back