News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 719     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Toronto FC

... in the middle of January when there is 5cm of snow and ice on the ground while blowing -20C ...
Good thing all three levels of government combined to spend $570 million on a retractable-roof domed stadium that could be used year-round , including soccer games in January --
(although that older type of artificial turf looked awful) -- so it could now sit empty and completely unused for six months a year.

Last edited:
TFC beats Whitecaps to extend unbeaten streak to 17

Aug 21, 2020

Laryea's goal early in the match was all Toronto FC needed in a dominant 1-0 win over the Vancouver Whitecaps on Friday night at BMO Field. The victory stretched TFC's regular-season unbeaten streak to 17 games.

"I think it just comes down to being a very resilient group. This group fights to the end," said Laryea. "This is a very big club in this league so guys want to compete for trophies every single year."

Toronto's streak is the fifth-longest in Major League Soccer history and is two away from tying the 2004-05 Columbus Crew and 2010 Dallas FC for the record. Toronto ended last year’s regular season on a 10-game unbeaten streak and has gone 4-0-3 this year.

TFC's season and playoff run ends after losing to Nashville:

Really caught this news by surprise. Thought he would re-sign. I think it was a family decision (he'd be away from his family for 2021 season due to COVID and Toronto being based in Hartford, CT) and LA Galaxy probably offered him a good contract. We shall see what happens.

I suppose this signals the start of a minor rebuild in Toronto.

Really caught this news by surprise. Thought he would re-sign. I think it was a family decision (he'd be away from his family for 2021 season due to COVID and Toronto being based in Hartford, CT) and LA Galaxy probably offered him a good contract. We shall see what happens.

I suppose this signals the start of a minor rebuild in Toronto.

I think the rebuild could be bigger then most are expecting.

He was a great coach, sad to see him go.

He accomplished good things here the one season, but if we're being honest, he was stagnating tactically and it showed in the last three seasons, though this year was a strange one given all the nonsense involved.

Season start has been pushed to 17. April.

Which is fine, I guess.....the longer it's pushed off, the more likely the lads will get to play at home! :D

Because if they don't get to play at home again then it's just another write-off of a season, like last year. Which seems to be the thinking at management considering their absolute total lack of bolstering the squad in any meaningful way. Absolute silence on the transfers.

Also, wtf is happening with the damn Championship final!!!!!??!?!?!?! As if they couldn't have safely played Hamilton yet!

I was so stoked for a regional final! (I was hoping to get to be at the match as well but that's not happening, sad day)

Just checked up and the Champions League is set up. The Championship winner will play Leon starting 6. April which means the final has to be played before then.

At this point, I'm guessing they'll play it as late as possible, possibly even as late as a week before the Champions League kicks off. So, another 6 weeks til local football is back. :(

Im highly doubtful that they will play at BMO this year, at least to start the season. To travel between Canada and the US consistently is unrealistic considering restrictions for both sides, unless they do what the Wolfpack did and have "tours". Have the Canadian teams all play at home for a month or 2, and have 4 or 5 teams come up here and face all the Canadian teams at once before heading back to the US. Then the Canadian teams would do the same and play in the US for a while. As long as you timed their quarantine time with weeks where the teams had an off week, thats the only way it would make sense.

As for the SCCL, whoever wins thats a pretty crappy draw against Leon....

Back