Toronto Fashion House | ?m | 12s | Freed | Core Architects

Aww, I liked the red.

With the white version, though, aren't the white curtains still rendered as being theatrically lit from the outside? Not very realistic. As if they'll force people to install drapes a foot into their living space and have potlights between the drapes and the windows.

Aww, I liked the red.

With the white version, though, aren't the white curtains still rendered as being theatrically lit from the outside? Not very realistic. As if they'll force people to install drapes a foot into their living space and have potlights between the drapes and the windows.

There are no lights and what bugs me is that Freed doesnt have the integrity to undo his marketing machine and show people reality.

Yeah, that amazes me as well. The decision to cut two floors from the project must be about two years old.

Depending on the outcome, this project could look more like 75 Portland than 10 Morrison - now that the red window panels have disappeared.

EDIT: While walking by the site today, I noticed a large number of long steel tubes sitting right along the back wall of the 10 Morrison building. They look very similar to the raker structures that are installed at 650 King Street. If this is the case, I have to wonder if Freed is having big troubles getting local owners to sign on for tieback agreements.

No money to pay anyone for due consideration?

Last edited:
Fashionable clothing for the construction worker? Is MWWH gonna hire a designer?

23 December 2010:

dsc00872q.jpg

I thought I remembered reading earlier in this thread that there would probably be a requirement planted in the condo regulations for certain units to have red curtains facing outside.

Of course, once established, the resident condo board can vote to amend or remove that requirement, but as far as I can tell, up until the new rendering, doubt surrounding the inclusion of red drapes was introduced recently by people speculating that occupants won't want red curtains.

I really like the red curtains and it adds a lot of character to the building. Too bad it they eliminated it.
I would imagine the interior side of the curtains would be lined with white fabric so that it is more neutral from the interior and the red couldn't be seen from the resident's point of view (future residents could add an extra layer of shear drapes if they wanted).
The red curtains is actually an intriguing idea to animate and add drama to the exterior from the interior, and befitting to the Fashion House theme. Now it's simply just another nice condo.

From what I recall, the red "curtains" were to be a window panelling system of some kind, and they would not have been red on the interior side.

From what I recall, the red "curtains" were to be a window panelling system of some kind, and they would not have been red on the interior side.

Hmmm, I visited the sales centre last April and was told by a sales agent that it would be red curtains, and in the plans the curtains were indicated by squiggly lines along the windows visible from King Street.
Anyways, it's a shame that one of the most characteristic design features has been axed.

Freed should now offer recessed pot lighting to highlight the now white curtains, if not, the facade would just look really boring and drab at night.

What Gristle said sounds familiar. My girlfriend's former boss bought here, and she was told when she bought that the curtains were red on the outside only. Maybe she misunderstood. Is there a Fashion House buyer here that could clarify?

What Gristle said sounds familiar. My girlfriend's former boss bought here, and she was told when she bought that the curtains were red on the outside only. Maybe she misunderstood. Is there a Fashion House buyer here that could clarify?

I remember reading the same thing. The curtains were only red on the back, so only the side visable from the street. It's too bad they changed the plan. Red is my favourite colour and I'd love to see more of it in this city!

Today, they were installing caissons when it was already dark. The steel must be almost equal to the sixth floor of 10 Morrison. This will be a very deep hole when dug.

Allied Properties has bought a level or parking, so this may very well be for public (commercial) use.

Allied Properties has bought a level or parking, so this may very well be for public (commercial) use.

i bought a unit at the Adelaide building and from what they told me, even vistors will have to pay for parking... so I believe there will be public parking.

There hasn't been any communication with me from the developers... does anyone know when these 2 buildings are now scheduled to complete? I have to expect occupancy will be summer of 2012 for the adelaide building at the earliest given their current progress (most likely end of 2012)...

Back