Toronto Fashion House | ?m | 12s | Freed | Core Architects

from today
20110212095.jpg

Actually, they are not driving piles but drilling out the holes for a caisson wall. Some of the nearby buildings would likely be damaged by actual pile driving.

I'd guess that the excavation has gone down about 12 feet or so. They seem to be waiting for the caisson wall to be completed before proceeding. That work hasn't even started for the Adelaide building.

Hvala!

Great shots - you pretty much got the entire site covered. And nice to see progress pushing ahead on the Monday of the Easter long weekend. Maybe they intend to get things rolling from here on.

I was walking by the site today and there was no action - possibly due to all the rain. It's a big mudpie down there.

The Adelaide building should only have one underground level, so the excavation there must be close to being finished.

Any photo updates (or otherwise) on the fashionhouse construction progess anyone? (When I'm back in TO I will do my my part with contributing.)
:)

Lightning fast! Thanks, for the update.

The footprint looks huge now that it's starting to get hallowed out. It appears that the Fashonhouse parking garage will extend part way beneath the Morrison St. extension/ pedestrian-way to King St.

Back