Toronto Fashion House | ?m | 12s | Freed | Core Architects

The keg is in the Silverplate bldg. but has there been any word on commercial tenants for the main condo ground floor? I've got a pretty good hunch, depending on the economic situation in the next year...

Last edited:
True, perhaps a Holt Renfrew down here would work? They did a promo with FH last year, wonder how successful it was? With rumour of the Bloor St Holts getting redeveloped, perhaps the plan is to split the store into 2 locations, one for the younger crowd and another for everyone else?

That's terrible news :(

Yeah I was shocked when I heard it too. A corporate chain is the last thing I wanted to see. It must be part of an effort to re-brand the keg and make it cool again. And we all know this is the epicentre of cool. (~grin~)

The Morrison St pedestrian extension will be a great public space. I hope something good goes in there. First pick would be art gallery or high end modern furniture. But we know it won't be either of those, and the obvious shoe-in is Holts, which is a-ok with me too.

Last edited:
Yes, there is to be a Keg, and it will be big (heard this from Peter Freed himself).

Apparently they want be built to grade by February. The building structure should be done by the very end of 2012 (not including interior work).

Thanks gristle

Appreciate the info and timeline update.

RM

I know the builder decided to do not go with the red curtains as per the original proposal, but will they still install white curtains or they will not install anything at all?

There is no truth to the rumour that the red curtains have gone. They are still a part of the design, and the rendering that started the rumour was a mistake. We have been assured that by Peter Freed. Interview coming to UT in October!

Last edited:
There is no truth to the rumour that the red curtains have gone. They are still a past of the design, and the rendering that started the rumour was a mistake. We have been assured that by Peter Freed. Interview coming to UT in October!

I hope that is truth

Pic taken Sept 21, 2011

sIZ71.jpg

I had kind of hoped that the street level would have been more retail and not another restaurant. The area would benefit from a greater diversification in terms of retail stores.

Back