Toronto Fashion House | ?m | 12s | Freed | Core Architects

Wasn't FYEO just about the last of the "legal" strip clubs in Toronto? (It's only about 20 years old or so)

I know that strip club. For Your Eyes Only. The first time I went there, I had a lap dance and then my stripper propositioned me to hook up later outside the club. I never did take her up on her offer....

tkip, I find your comment amusing, particularly in regards to your concern about Toronto's moral decline in the Toronto Issues forum. I'm no strip club virgin, but if you are going to argue against society's increasing permissiveness, you probably shouldn't talk about visiting strip clubs...

Strip clubs are probably the best neighbours: no one hangs outside strip clubs screaming, getting into fights and barfing. The exiting patrons quickly get into cabs and drive away.

Agreed; nice one, Parkdalian.

That thread ranks among the worst on this forum, right down there with such gems as "September 11th: Real or Fraud?".

Last edited:
On Friday and Saturday nights FYEO is probably one of the quieter stretches of sidewalk along King.

Apparently a row of windows will run up the west wall of Fashion House - looking right over the patio of Century Room.

Last edited:
Good news for the east-facing units of Fashionhouse, the view is saved at least for the first years.

"In the second quarter, Allied leased 544 King Street West in Toronto
to The Hive for a term of five years commencing December 1, 2010. The
Hive is a marketing firm that currently operates from 425-439 King
Street West. It will move to make way for Loblaw Properties’ expansion
later this year, at which time 544 King will become a rental property
for accounting purposes."

There were movie vehicles on site yesterday. I wonder if the old warehouse was getting memorialized on film before it gets demolished?

Hoarding is now up, so things are getting underway for one of the best condo projects in the city!

Freed has no money. He will take his time as he always does. Gotta sell some units at 500 Wellington!

I believe that this project is underway and construction should start mid-October. They are still tendering packages for most of the trades, so they should be getting under way in about a month with shoring.

Demolition

Attachments

• IMG_0667.jpg
    IMG_0667.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 239

Back