News   Jun 27, 2024
 383     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 436     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 449     0 

Toronto events and festivals

Peak attendance is well into six figures at one time, I don't think there's even the space in Withrow for the people, never mind the vendors.

Also the damage to the turf (lawn) would be substantial.

This is one of things that occurred during the Summer Beer Fest at Roundhouse Park. During that particular event, the attendees would destroy the grass causing the organizers to replace it.

This may be one of the reasons it was moved to the winter actually (less damage to the grass).

Both DuWest Fest and Taste of Little Italy have come and gone already with very little fanfare - makes me wonder if these previously overhyped street festivals are losing their cache.

Meh, there's way too many of them, and they've all become generic to the point of being indistinguishable from one another. It's akin to a traveling circus - you see the same vendors at different festivals, so what's the point? I grew bored and irritated by them years ago, but kept going occasionally because it was an easy way to kill a few hours as cheap entertainment for the kids ...
They're not all exactly the same. Some have the dog mini-circus thing that's exclusively dogs, and some have the other one that's mostly dogs but with two cats. The Unionville Fest had both, one on the Saturday, the other on Sunday.
I've never seen the cats riding the scooter or the tricycle like they show on their website. Maybe they only do it at indoor shows, or something like that?
Ultimutts_cat(1)_22Jun2024.JPG

Back