Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I was under the impression that they started pouring the east side later than they did the west end due to the extra time that it took to remove the truck ramp, which took up a large portion of the eastern half of the site.

this will be interesting too as the east tower is over ten stories taller than the west tower.

Same situation with Tridel-Hullmark Centre right across the street,.... the shorter south tower construction is working on the 8th floor now while the north tower is on the 2nd or third floor. The north tower will have office on bottom and residential condo on top and is much taller than the all condo south tower.

I've been told that T&T is no longer the anchor tenant and that Metro has signed to take the space instead.

Any thoughts on whether this is a positive / negative / neutral development for the other retail tenants / office tenants / condo residents / area in general?

I heard that T&T isn't performing up to Loblaw's initial expectations, so this does not come as a surprise.

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing this project finished. From the renderings it looks very futuristic and will fill in that space quite nicely. They are taking quite a while though, it will be nice to start seeing some floors going up. I imagine this won't happen until 2013 though based on the speed they are going.

Emerald Park's construction blog says that the west part of the site will reach ground level in August, so we might see it sticking out some time this fall. They started pouring on the west side in March and they are at the level 3 currently. If they just keep at the same pace, they should be above ground before 2013.

I've been told that T&T is no longer the anchor tenant and that Metro has signed to take the space instead.

Any thoughts on whether this is a positive / negative / neutral development for the other retail tenants / office tenants / condo residents / area in general?

Wow,... a newbie poster in his/her very first post on the day he/she joined sharing info without a source,.... and regular posters are getting their panties in a knot. :rolleyes:

I've been told the best way to treat a FlyOnTheWall is to get a fly swatter,....

Anyways,.... my sources at Loblaws HQ says T&T is a go at EmeraldPark :p But they're not happy about the constant delays,.... although they're used to delays in Toronto (ie: Loblaws at Carlton & Church -old MapleLeafGarden - and Queen & Bathurst locations)

Emerald excavation as of July 20; the lower floor of the parking garage is almost complete.

The ramps are well underway in the centre of the picture.

Emrld-2012-07-20.jpg

Attachments

• Emrld-2012-07-20.jpg
    Emrld-2012-07-20.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 532
I've been told the best way to treat a FlyOnTheWall is to get a fly swatter,...

i dont think that was ment to be rude right!

Does anyone know anything about the cladding they will be using? My guess is something similar to L Tower. Let's hope it's nothing like Crystal Blu. Which makes me wonder if they'll keep the colour true to the rendering (unlike Crystal Blu).

Does anyone know anything about the cladding they will be using? My guess is something similar to L Tower. Let's hope it's nothing like Crystal Blu. Which makes me wonder if they'll keep the colour true to the rendering (unlike Crystal Blu).

It's going to be green window wall glass (judging from the render)...which makes me very anxious

Its not a uniform green,... it'll generally be a combination of long slender verticle windows in various shades of green with short stubby green "joint" windows between floors. As you can see from their website the artistic inspiration is the bamboo,... not just for colour but also for having a non-uniform length and the lean factor
http://www.emeraldparkcondos.com/

I think BambooPark would be a better name,... especially with T&T on the second floor and the first floor mall basically being a copy of Pacific Mall.

BTW, this T&T will be slightly different than most other T&T,... imagine a combination of T&T with Galleria,...

Back