Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

There is a photo update literally two posts above yours clearly showing a large tower crane standing in the pit

I know about crane; actually, I posted pictures of the crane mounting work. I just wanted to know if they started pouring concrete for foundation or they still trying to fix the underground water leak(s).

I know about crane; actually, I posted pictures of the crane mounting work. I just wanted to know if they started pouring concrete for foundation or they still trying to fix the underground water leak(s).

They are not yet ready to pour for the foundation at all.

The floor of the excavation has not been leveled; they did pouring concrete around the base of the crane but nowhere else. The ramp to the excavation still occupies at least one third of the site.

They could work on the west side of the site, but there was still some open water on Friday.

They are not yet ready to pour for the foundation at all.

The floor of the excavation has not been leveled; they did pouring concrete around the base of the crane but nowhere else. The ramp to the excavation still occupies at least one third of the site.
They could work on the west side of the site, but there was still some open water on Friday.

Sounds like an excavation nightmare:eek:

Sounds like an excavation nightmare:eek:

There is a fairly small crew at any one time, probably no more than a dozen.

Today the one backhoe was working near the base of the crane and they were re-sculpting the ramp once again with a dozer.

There still are pools of water at the base in various areas.

I just came across a bit of info in this article (a link posted by kristopher): "...the Yonge Sheppard project is currently under construction to be completed by 2016". Was it scheduled to be completed some time in late 2013-early 2014??

Last edited:
On the same site I found some intersting variation of Emerald Park with three towers:

19280_2_image22.jpg

I believe that you will find this one and others on the first few pages of this thread.

Last edited:
When I called in to the Emerald Park office, I got a word that this project will likely finish with people moving in 2014.

I just came across a bit of info in this article (a link posted by kristopher): "...the Yonge Sheppard project is currently under construction to be completed by 2016". Was it scheduled to be completed some time in late 2013-early 2014??

Those pillars to the west of the Emerald crane are the beginning of the base.

Footings are going in; the ground between the crane and the west wall has been levelled. The trenches with water have been dried and concrete poured. In addition, the ramp has been extensively remodelled this week and reduced in size.

Here is my latest view from Friday; unfortunately, the pillars appear rather small in this photo.

IMG-2012 03 16-Emrld Rmp.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-2012 03 16-Emrld Rmp.jpg
    IMG-2012 03 16-Emrld Rmp.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 677
Finally, it is going up! I would guess some time this fall it will reach the street level.

The pile of dirt is shrinking:

ut4epimg0201.jpg

They poured plenty of concrete at the east side; I am not sure if it was for a second crane foundation or related to underground water leaks fixing.

Back