Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Feb 4 2012 Update:

There is not much to update since Dec 23 2012.

The area of the water that I had remarked on in my previous posts is just blocked by the white crane in Jivey's picture.

It is to the west of the ramp and up against the wall. From my vantage you can see that there has been only one backhoe able to work over the last few weeks (it too is not visible in the picture). If what AD47 says about the trucks not able to get down the ramp is the situation, then this would certainly account for the slower progress.

We would all want them to go slowly now and make sure that they get it right--would be interesting to know where on the site the crane base is being constructed.

The area of the water that I had remarked on in my previous posts is just blocked by the white crane in Jivey's picture.
would be interesting to know where on the site the crane base is being constructed.

I don't see any water spots; is it hidden in this view? Yes, I was curious too about the crane base site; I don't see any preparation sign either...

smimg0049.jpg

I don't see any water spots; is it hidden in this view? Yes, I was curious too about the crane base site; I don't see any preparation sign either...QUOTE]

It appears that you have taken your picture from the west side of the sight, looking back east toward Yonge Street.

The water was directly below where you have taken the shot. It was right up against the wall so you would not be able to see it from where you were standing. You would need to get right up against that fencing and look directly down. But from the look of that wood stacked in front of the fence that could be a little tricky and not safe.

On Thursday the water was running from north to south that would be from left to right in this picture. By Friday they had been able to fill in much of the open water with earth fill, so there is progress.

If I can get a shot from above next week I will try.

Last edited:
if i recall correctly the Mike Bro's team were planned to finish their work by the End of December (with truck ramp removed). So they way I see it they're a full two months behind schedule.

Which honestly is not that bad.

The excavation work for the base of the crane is now begun.

No photo available, but the water is reduced to a pool in the southwest corner of the site, The excavation for the crane is quite dry. It appears to be below the level of where the water is, so they should be ok.

There are materials laid out adjacent to the base excavation that may be for the crane foundation.

Crane is pretty much in middle of hole....west/lower tower starts first. East crane will come in 2-3 months and will be a top climber

I tried a photo today, but it did not turn out well, too much glare--will try again.

As AD 27 says, is at the base of the ramp, but to the west, close to middle. They have the set in some of the bars for the base and began pouring concrete this afternoon.

Is moving along.

To update Jivey's photo from yesterday, no pouring today, but constuction in the base for the crane.

Location of base is about half way between the base of the ramp and the west wall.

IMG-2012 02 08-Emrld Pk].jpg

A little difficult to see the crane base because of glare.

Attachments

• IMG-2012 02 08-Emrld Pk].jpg
    IMG-2012 02 08-Emrld Pk].jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 314
Thanks for updates! It is hard to see the base from the ground. So, soon there will be 5 cranes at the intersection and a lot of construction activities! It feels like only yesterday it was one giant parking lot... I was wondering if those gas stations on the west side of Yonge will survive in the next 5-10 yr.

Now that the crane base is at a specific stage, removal of the ramp has begun.

The shovel is at a precarious angle as usual in this work. We noted today that a berm or a curb was fashioned out of the excavated soil to aid in holding the dump trucks in place.

Here are a couple of photos from this afternoon:

The base for the crane is in the shadow to the left of the ramp. Building an access stairway to the bottom of the excavation will be necessary soon.

Attachments

• IMG-20120213-Rmp 2.jpg
    IMG-20120213-Rmp 2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG-20120213-Emrld Rmp.jpg
    IMG-20120213-Emrld Rmp.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

Back