Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Thanks everyone for up-to-date info and specially photos.
Do they need to dig deeper than this to build 4 underground levels?
They should be lower than subway level now.

I am sure they are digging deeper as I can see queue of red dump trucks outside the main entrance, now and again.
Unfortunately they are well behind the competitor – Tridel - on the other side of the road as they have managed to nearly complete the underground floors, although they are working on a land twice bigger than Emerald Park’s.

Your not comparing apples with apples. They have been digging at Hullmark since the winter of last year and Emerald Park finally had all permits in place at some time in July. I asked the foreman that was there and he mentioned that if you count the actual work days on the site, they are much farther along and had there been no permit delays, likely would have been getting to the bottom.

Your not comparing apples with apples. They have been digging at Hullmark since the winter of last year and Emerald Park finally had all permits in place at some time in July. I asked the foreman that was there and he mentioned that if you count the actual work days on the site, they are much farther along and had there been no permit delays, likely would have been getting to the bottom.

That is correct. Michael Bro's are very good at what they're doing and the dig is very well organized.

Did the site boss tell you when their expected date is?

Jivy, if you're ok with this, would you mind snapping us another shot?

Not really cause its dependant on the weather. It also depends on the shoring contractor but from what I can see looks like they are getting close to having the entire site at the same elevation.

November 12, 2011 Update:

They've started to pick up the pace by working weekends.

DSC06187.JPG

Good shot jivey; you have a nice spot to shoot from! Here is my down-to-earth attempt:

emerald1.jpg

how long does it take to issue all the permits?

thanks Jvy80, your pictures are invaluable.

but these guys arn't working as hard as the Tridel boys and man do they have a long way to go in their dig. At this rate it'll be past Feburary when they get to the bottom.

I believe that there is a water problem at the site that is slowing progress.

At the lower right hand corner of Jivey's picture you can just make out a yellow trailer and a white vehicle. This is a de-watering operation that has been on site all of last week. The heavy rains of a week ago resulted in some large pools of water deep in the excavation. There might be underground water too.

The soil has been very heavy and wet compared to a couple of weeks ago; all of this seems to have resulted in very little excavation work.

Back