Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Even I could see the TTC Anndale/Poyntz entrance from Yonge platform to concourse-level being full handicap accessible along with Tridel HullmarkCentre SouthTower TTC entrance from concourse-level to street-level being full handicap accessible (Bazis EmeraldPark TTC entrance from concourse-level to street-level already is),.... in about 10-20 years.

How? Where would the elevator go? The existing stairs/escalator are the full width of the subway platform so adding an elevator would, at the very least, require a lot of excavation.

The elevator can go in the storage room located next to the Southbound-end of Yonge Line. It is next to the stairs.

I wrote him an email and this was his response:

Everything that our office communicates with any member of the community is instantly published… having said that I will keep my response brief and factual.

The TTC tunnel connection is complete and occupancy was given on January 18th 2017, this information was sent to the TTC who currently controls access into the tunnel connection.

An occupancy certificate was sent to the TTC this week confirming the above. We do not have control on the tunnel entrance as the locks are owned and operated by the TTC.

Thank you,
-Jonathan
Bazis
jonathan@bazis.ca
1700 Langstaff Road. Suite 1003
Concord Ontario L4k 3S3

The funny thing about Bazis is they're full of half truth,... they say one thing and do something else,....

Note: EmeraldPark TTC entrance is composed of 2 parts:
- underground pedestrian tunnel and fire doors on City right-of-way property that Bazis is responsible for building for the City (this is City property and TTC has the right to lock these fire doors)
- network of hallways, stairs, elevators, doors, etc,... within EmeraldPark building - this is EmeraldPark property

So the question is,.... why did Bazis EmeraldPark start blocking off their side on Friday?
IMG_5243.JPG

The "fortification" of their P2 parking level door is funny,.... does this mean they can't lock their own door? because they were too cheap to put a lock on it! too cheap to put in a switch to cut the power on the handicap access button,...
IMG_5246.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5243.JPG
    IMG_5243.JPG
    843.7 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_5246.JPG
    IMG_5246.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 503
Last edited:
What a complete joke. That yellow tape looks like a crime scene and is a huge eyesore. Bazi's management should be ashamed of themselves for such an embarassment. How can any condo developer screw up a hallway so much. What does this tell you about their competency as a condo developer if they can't even build a hallway to proper specs? Seriously, WTF.

WTF

They should just put the green hoarding back up.

"The TTC tunnel connection is complete and occupancy was given on January 18th 2017, this information was sent to the TTC who currently controls access into the tunnel connection."

What is that statement supposed to mean? Are they saying it is up to TTC to fix the remaining issues?

Last edited by a moderator:
From my experience I don't think this building has a true management. There is some kind of "Shadow Management" going on. The "managers" are merely puppets to someone in the shadows, likely the incompetent Jonathan Gold. The managers Tanisha, Vesna and Bonnie are merely "agents" so no matter who you are talking to, you are talking ultimately to 1 un-elected guy and judging by the similar incompetence it is likely Gold or someone like Gold behind the veil.

The mall is on track to becoming a ghetto mall. The builder has installed pipes above these retail units that can burst at any time and if its not these pipes that burst it might be the pipes of any one of the 700 residential units above the mall which then flood down into the mall. If the water collects enough the ceiling collapses and the management will not fix it if its not of the common area. Simple issues such as stripping paint and brown stains on the walls from water damage go without fixing for months.

With their sense of entitlement I wouldn't be surprised if Bazis would just give us the finger, become vindictive and toss us aside. It seems like they have also found the perfect kind of victim here as Asians don't like to complain.

Ghetto malls can be very profitable but I don't think this neighborhood deserves one.

Bill;
Is there any progress in getting your food court unit restored by Bazis? If you know the source of the leak, can you claim against that owner's insurance company? Failing any remedy by Bazis, you might be able to have your case heard in small claims court where their maximum settlement is $25,000. and you don't need a lawyer.

I can fix it myself no problem, I am just warning others. I don't think it's wise to fix the paint when a leak can occur at any time and damage the paint again. I used to want to sue but best case in scenerio is I win and they fix the symptom but not the problem. They can always agree to fixing it in court then ding me through increased maintenance fees. Then the management or maintenance employees might lose their jobs, they are nice people it's just that they are powerless and are just scapegoats used by the builder.

It's best I invest time and money towards some kind of metal roof and siding. Thx for all your help btw.

No there is no progress to fixing my wall paint.

TUNNEL UPDATE;
I have confirmed with city of Toronto building inspectors that Bazis did pass inspection on Jan. 18 and were granted an occupancy permit allowing them to open the tunnel. I've followed up with TTC staff as to why it was closed. My long time contacts have become tight lipped but have told me it is now a legal issue between the TTC and Bazis lawyers. I'm trying various means to find out what issues are in contention and will advise when known.

No metro coming soon at Emerald Park as well as LCBO? Anyone has an update on it?

There's a lot of posts a while back, but the short story is that Metro seems to be trying to sell its unit in the building, and the LCBO is on hold until some grocery store opens up, assuming the grocery store wants to help support the LCBO beside it. Metro wouldn't have been able to compete with Longo's in the Sheppard Centre (a.k.a. the nicer Metro)

TUNNEL UPDATE;
I have confirmed with city of Toronto building inspectors that Bazis did pass inspection on Jan. 18 and were granted an occupancy permit allowing them to open the tunnel. I've followed up with TTC staff as to why it was closed. My long time contacts have become tight lipped but have told me it is now a legal issue between the TTC and Bazis lawyers. I'm trying various means to find out what issues are in contention and will advise when known.

Guess sunnyray will have to update his prediction to February 2018 now

My long time contacts have become tight lipped but have told me it is now a legal issue between the TTC and Bazis lawyers.

Random guess... financial dispute? I'm guessing that it's not a safety issue since it's been more than a week and the tunnel is still just taped off.

ya.. What's up with Emerald management...? Nothing is done with one attempt.. It seems like every step is so delayed.

Back