Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

> BTW, there's a lot of nice $#@*$%$ cars (notice $$$ signs!) in the EmeraldPark residential parking lot,.... many of them with layers and layers of dust like they've just been sitting there for the last 6 months while the owners are driving their winter cars or are overseas,.... I'll be more than happy to volunteer to take any of these cars on their once a week spin to keep them in top shape! ;p

Just read this article in yesterday's Star. Seems to explain the fancy ass cars in the underground condo parking lots.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...for-children-of-wealthy-chinese-families.html

Go take a look at Murano's parking lot. A lot of Asian students there. There are some really high end vehicles there. Saw a Bentley.

So as it stands today the 2nd floor other than the LCBO is a big unknown ... I think T&T would do well here ! Regardless of whole foods

We received great news today. Some builder representative came to the mall today to check up on progress. Spoke to him and he said Metro and LCBO are 100% coming. They just need to finish up, close up and get out of there then afterwards Metro and LCBO will move in. They will not open at the same time however. LCBO will come first within 2 months, they are currently finalizing paperwork. Metro will take longer to come in.

We've been hearing that propaganda for years from the communist party,... err, I mean Bazis! ;p

LCBO open within 2 months? So I should be able to enjoy a nice cold locally brought beer and wine on Canada Day???

As for Metro still being in,.... I'll believe them when I see a sign,.... someone needs to put up a Metro store sign out front like the LCBO has,.... talk is cheap, they have to put some skin in the game,...

> BTW, there's a lot of nice $#@*$%$ cars (notice $$$ signs!) in the EmeraldPark residential parking lot,.... many of them with layers and layers of dust like they've just been sitting there for the last 6 months while the owners are driving their winter cars or are overseas,.... I'll be more than happy to volunteer to take any of these cars on their once a week spin to keep them in top shape! ;p

Just read this article in yesterday's Star. Seems to explain the fancy ass cars in the underground condo parking lots.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...for-children-of-wealthy-chinese-families.html

This Mercedes CLS63 AMG is the dustiest car at Emerald Park parking garage,... is it supposed to be grey or white or maybe even pearl white? Looks like the owner just parked it there last year and forgot about it! EmeraldPark residents only started to move in last year. Sheppard Centre parking garage has some old abandon cars from the 1970's!!! I'm wondering if this Mercedes CLS63 AMG will still be here in 40 years?
IMG_8656.JPG

This is my favourite door stopper at EmeraldPark parking garage,.... Lamborghini Aventador

IMG_8710.JPG

IMG_8697.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8656.JPG
    IMG_8656.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,889
  • IMG_8710.JPG
    IMG_8710.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,145
  • IMG_8697.JPG
    IMG_8697.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,400
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

They are using the sign mount of the metro as an anchor. That cable goes all the way up to the hoists used for the window cleaning. However the lines did not look like they were laid out to clean the windows. My best guess is they are demounting the mount.

There are wires coming out of the ceilings at retail level and a new crew is here.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    949.5 KB · Views: 1,692
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    563.6 KB · Views: 1,682
They are using the sign mount of the metro as an anchor. That cable goes all the way up to the hoists used for the window cleaning. However the lines did not look like they were laid out to clean the windows. My best guess is they are demounting the mount.

There are wires coming out of the ceilings at retail level and a new crew is here.

Likely just tying up the cables over the weekend because they didn't finish what they needed to get done on that side of the building.

I don't think they're dismounting the sign mount,... it doesn't make sense. Even if Metro bailed,.... someone else will eventually want to use those sign mounts eventually,..... and if nobody does,... then EmeraldPark will likely benefit in brand recognition by putting up EmeraldPark signage.

On closer look it seems like a window cleaning elevator.
image.jpeg

EDIT: There was a piece of green glass that had to be replaced so that elevator was for that.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,553
Last edited:
There's word of a retail level "Electronic Sign" the developer has ordered to let people outside know there is an actual mall here. Curious to see where they will place it.
The eyewear store has started renovations.

Update: The smallest unit in the mall has hung up a sign. It will be a beauty shop.

Last edited:
There's word of a retail level "Electronic Sign" the developer has ordered to let people outside know there is an actual mall here. Curious to see where they will place it.
The eyewear store has started renovations.

Thanks for the constant update. Please let us know when food is being served!

There is more good news. A sign maker came today to the Metro to take measurements for indoor and outdoor signage. I'm pretty convinced now that the Metro has not bailed.

Update on the Sewage: They are doing a smart thing by not drilling holes in each unit for the sewage. They are instead installing sewage pumps to pump the sewage upwards.

The pumps however, on second look, is an electric pump encased in a reservoir. The reservoir is cylindrical and usually goes into the ground. They are probably going to drill the concrete too. No way given this that final closing will be end of April. More like end of June.

Update: A unit near the food court has been rented out to serve as a small Royal LePage office.

Last edited:
Thanks for the regular updates Bill123. I hope people from the West Lansing community (like myself) reading this blog will occasionally support the the local businesses gradually sprouting up in the mall. So far for me, the dry cleaner and the vegan ice cream place but I shall try out the others eventually. One place I did not end up frequenting is Whole Foods. Apart from a ready-made pizza and a bouquet of flowers, I have not purchased anything in the past year. Must be the prices, lol.

No problem guys.

A guy who has rented a unit but has not renovated yet told me today that they have signed however they are waiting on the LCBO to start operating before they will start paying rent and renovate. I am just wondering just how many of these empty units are actually rented out but waiting for the anchor tenants. Not only could they be rented out, their owners could also be wanting to open a business of their own with the unit.

On Realtor.ca, if you go to commercial and see the for lease properties you can see about 16 for the building including some offices. In total there are around 11 units in the retail still listed for lease. One of which has been rented out to the beauty shop. So really there are around 10 units not yet leased on that site. LCBO says they are coming end of May however so look towards that time to be when more and more units start hanging out signs and starting renovations.

The pumps are just going to be placed on the floor near the walls lol. Today is the plumbing teams last day here. Final closing might actually be near.

Back