Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
They took away the wall blocking the yonge street frontage access.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    819.1 KB · Views: 1,812
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,832
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,824
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,794
Last edited:
Did they combine units?
I think some did, not sure. You can browse my previous posts there is one where I show the retail floor layout. You can also maybe find the old layout and compare it to that. Way too big for me to scan and upload.

Some news:

There are some skyjacks on the metro floor now which hints at ceiling work of some sort.

Condo owners voted their board of directors yesterday.

Nana Shake is set to open in March. They are doing vegan ice cream.

Had some really bad and really good vegan ice cream. All of it, made me feel good about myself though.

Construction worker doing some ceiling work on 2nd floor.
image.jpeg
Avis moving to the mall.
image.jpeg
Teriyaki restaurant aiming at Middle-March opening

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    499 KB · Views: 474
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    740.1 KB · Views: 462
Avis no longer moving to Emerald Park due to issues with parking.

LCBO signs installed near escalators and on the main door of LCBO along with small letters that say wine, spirits and something else,... then the same in French.

The commercial parking lot is very bad. I wouldn't be surprised if grocery stories arn't moving in for the same reason.

What are the issues with the commercial parking here?

It's a very tight squeeze, designed more like a condo parking garage than a public lot.

a large portion of the lot here are one way paths where if you get to the end and can't find a spot, a U turn would be necessary to turn around. Overseeing the fact that making a u turn in a crowded parking lot is difficult, the width of the lane way in the emerald park lot is mostly too narrow for larger cars to complete a 3 point turn in the first place.

Same thing that I've mentioned numerous times before,.....

Also the underground parking level goes 6 levels underground! Each underground parking level has a figure-8 driveway path; with one smaller loop for one-way traffic going down and the other smaller loop for one-way traffic going up. The commercial parking level are the first top 2 levels,..... as UD2 mentions, there comes a point where commercial parking lot customers comes to a dead-end at the gates where the residential parking begins further down,... the developer never provided U-turn area,... to0 busy trying to maximize their profits and sold off every inch of parking spaces that they could!

At least LansingUnitedChurch was smart enough to bail on the original proposal from EmeraldPark developer to share this underground parking lot (to provide parking for the community centre at LansingUnitedChurch as part of the Section 37 community benefits) and insisted on their own underground parking lot!

BTW, there's a lot of nice $#@*$%$ cars (notice $$$ signs!) in the EmeraldPark residential parking lot,.... many of them with layers and layers of dust like they've just been sitting there for the last 6 months while the owners are driving their winter cars or are overseas,.... I'll be more than happy to volunteer to take any of these cars on their once a week spin to keep them in top shape! ;p

Progress on the nearby community centre. Couldnt find the thread for it.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Emerald park sent out letters saying building will be registered soon. Final closing approximately at end of april.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 994
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 918
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 878
Progress on the nearby community centre. Couldnt find the thread for it.

Technically UrbanToronto doesn't have a separate thread for the Lansing United Church Community Centre.

This EmeraldPark thread is the thread I've been using for the Lansing United Church Community Centre,.... From City Planning perspective both EmearldPark and Lansing United Church Community Centre are one and the same! Same development application, same file#, same final report, etc,.... EmeraldPark got its height and density due to the density and height transfer from Lansing United Church land which was done in exchange for EmeraldPark developer building a new CommunityCentre for Lansing United Church.

Technically, UrbanToronto probably should have named this thread Emerald Park Condo & Lansing United Church Community Centre,.... but then, most folks here wouldn't care much for a community centre unless it's at least 25 storey tall! ;p

Anyways, don't see much construction going on at Lansing United Church community centre for last couple of months,.... seems like all the TMG signage are gone (EmeraldPark builder of choice TMG is/was LansingUnitedChurch community centre,.... TMG was original sole builder but seems to have been overcharging church from beginning so Berkim was brought in during redesign before construction started as the project management for Lansing United Church community centre,.... I'm guessing they now need a new builder.

Last edited:
The following sort of explains why TMG (EmeraldPark builder of choice) is now out of the Lansing United Church community centre construction,...
"Construction of the underground garage(Phase II) commenced in May 2015. Lansing entered into a parking agreement with Emerald Park developers in January 2015, for Emerald Park to construct an underground parking garage on Lansing site. In return, Lansing will release Emerald Park from obligation for Lansing to have preferred access
to 74 parking spaces at Emerald Park condominium site opposite to Lansing Church. The obligation of 74 parking spaces at Emerald Park site was in Section 37 agreement signed in December 2010 between Lansing, Emerald Park and the City of Toronto. Emerald Park engaged TMG Construction to build the parking garage. In November 2015, TMG applied for substantial completion of the project. It is anticipated that completion of the parking garage portion of the project will be complete in January 2016, after expiry of the lien period. "
http://lansingchurch.com/content.cfm?id=3146

Thus, TMG was only responsible for building the underground parking garage at Lansing United Church community centre. Berkim Construction, the project manager, will now take over to construct the rest of Lansing United Church community centre.

Back