Toronto Emerald City Phases 1 to 3 including Dream Tower | ?m | 36s | Almadev | WZMH

They are starting construction this month. You already made it this far and now you're going to back out? Patience, young jedi! Save yourself the headache.

I passed by on my way home from work yesterday and as the poster above mentioned, all the trees along Sheppard have been cut down (though they were still on site waiting to be hauled away).

Trees down:

120_george_henry_north_york_2010a.jpg

how they are going to bring this building down? Are they going to use explosives?

I didn't notice that the trees were down when I was in the area a couple weeks ago.

Old building is fenced, demolition is in progress.

Smaller pieces are being taken out of the building.

5018634985_3b2cb979d8_b.jpg

5018635267_e8e8b88519_b.jpg

5019241700_d3676e5d11_b.jpg

Windows are also being taken away.

5019242026_baba4f7e22_b.jpg

5018636197_13aedb1695_b.jpg

What the hell's the need to demolish a perfectly fine apartment building like that. There's 12312332543465346 other places to build a condo on. This isn't even downtown so I don't see a point for demolition. It's as if we're hard pressed for space, quite laughable really.

Last edited:
What the hell's the need to demolish a perfectly fine apartment building like that. There's 12312332543465346 other places to build a condo on. This isn't even downtown so I don't see a point for demolition. It's as if we're hard pressed for space, quite laughable really.

There aren't necessarily that many plots of land to build a project like this directly on the subway. Keep in mind also that two new rental buildings were built on previously unused land on the same block to accomodate some of the residents of the ones being torn down.

While I don't have the exact numbers, I'd have to imagine that the overall density of this area will increase significantly once the project is complete.

Sorry no pics. I drove by yesterday the whole block was boarded up and the demo company terrasa (terrasan.com) was digging the place up. Go check it out. Looks like they are on path to demo the place next week, hopefully!

Back