Toronto Eight Cumberland | 170m | 51s | Great Gulf | a—A

Today
20231227_112813_HDR.jpg

20231227_112820_HDR.jpg

Some guys up there:
20231227_112854_HDR.jpg

Iconic Yorkville?? Who markets these horrible projects. The only redeeming grace here is the retention of the heritage facades on Yonge to match the completed ones to the north that are gorgeous. I hope that at least they don't cheap out by not lighting them up like their neighbour. So far they haven't. This building creates no interest, no discussion, no inspiration or desire to live there. It NOT Yorkville guys, but a future Toronto slum of which we are creating handfuls packed with bachelor suites or as I think of them cells.

The blue bird, bound not to please some, adds a desperately needed splat of colour against the drab facade and drab paint palette of the building. Colour Colour Colour, we need more in this winter city with 5 months of drab. We need more Latin American Architects, A few photos from Panama City

Attachments

• Panama City - Ciudad de Panama BioMuseo 04.jpg
    Panama City - Ciudad de Panama BioMuseo 04.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Panama City - Ciudad de Panama Office Tower Panama Design Centre (2).jpg
    Panama City - Ciudad de Panama Office Tower Panama Design Centre (2).jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Panama City - Ciudad de Panama Hotel Tower Global Hotel Panama.jpg
    Panama City - Ciudad de Panama Hotel Tower Global Hotel Panama.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Panama City - Ciudad de Panama Office Tower Atrium Tower.jpg
    Panama City - Ciudad de Panama Office Tower Atrium Tower.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Panama City - Ciudad de Panama Office Tower Downtown Panama - Global Hotel Panama - Atrium Bank.jpg
    Panama City - Ciudad de Panama Office Tower Downtown Panama - Global Hotel Panama - Atrium Bank.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Panama City - Ciudad de Panama Office Tower FT Tower 01.jpg
    Panama City - Ciudad de Panama Office Tower FT Tower 01.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 7
Iconic Yorkville?? Who markets these horrible projects. The only redeeming grace here is the retention of the heritage facades on Yonge to match the completed ones to the north that are gorgeous. I hope that at least they don't cheap out by not lighting them up like their neighbour. So far they haven't. This building creates no interest, no discussion, no inspiration or desire to live there. It NOT Yorkville guys, but a future Toronto slum of which we are creating handfuls packed with bachelor suites or as I think of them cells.
AND ANOTHER THING!

1707319496327.png

Went by today to view a few of the finished units and I must say am deeply disappointed by the quality and attention to detail you can tell the developer just capitalized on the location and did not deliver quality 🤯 have seen a lots of flooring in my lifetime and this was not giving new floor energy
IMG_4623.jpeg
IMG_4624.jpeg
IMG_4625.jpeg
IMG_4627.jpeg
IMG_4628.jpeg
IMG_4629.jpeg
IMG_4630.jpeg
IMG_4631.jpeg

Also: That lime green accented would of worked wonders outside on a building that's so ridiculously bland and banal, IMO.

Back