Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Another of the "alphabet block" towers, joining L and X.

Actually, with two X towers (X and X2) we could spell "LEXX", a cultish Canadian television SF series which I rather enjoyed.

Another of the "alphabet block" towers, joining L and X.

Actually, with two X towers (X and X2) we could spell "LEXX", a cultish Canadian television SF series which I rather enjoyed.

i didn't know LEXX was Canadian ...

at least the 'e' for this block refers to eglinton, or am i putting to much into it ???

E stands for Eligible. Remember?

E for me will always be about:

ecstacy-pills-monogram.jpg

It does look like the developer is on drugs, and getting rather high... (I sort of like this proposal even though the architect isn't the greatest, he's trying something different & relatively bold for Toronto, which is good.)

Awww urbandreamer, can I have the one with the little buurdee?

Can't say Condo developers are running out names, when the most obvious name, which appeals to their target demographic had been on the shelf this long.

http://econdos.ca/

Website has launched. E condos also has an ad in the latest New Condo Guide. This is progressing faster and launching sooner than I had expected. I liked the black and red design, will be interesting to see what refinements they make.

Here's the press release with more info:

http://www.prlog.org/11880792-platinum-access-prices-floor-plans-for-condos.html

E Condos’ architecture is by Rosario Varacalli, the architect responsible for envisioning the transformation of the corner with two modern towers that befit the landmark status of the location.

They will be built around a dynamic open public piazza that will unite the structures with the surrounding neighbourhood. Street level retail space and a lower level retail concourse will provide convenient access to daily essentials. The commercial area will be managed by partner RioCan.

Inside the residential space, stunning 20 and 30-foot high lobbies will provide a dramatic welcome, and will feature 24-hour personal concierge services.

The pièce de résistance distinguishing E from every other development in the city: not one, but two cantilevered pools projecting dramatically out from the buildings. The pool on one tower will perch about half way up, while the other will extend at penthouse level. Pools will be surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows, for breathtaking city skyline panoramas. The adjacent E-Sky Lounges will provide stylish and convenient gathering places to chill out and admire the views.

Ranging from 400 to 1200 sq ft., suites will be available in a range of layouts: studios, 1 bedroom, 1 bedroom plus den, 2 bedroom and 2 bedroom plus den. As always, Varacalli has designed spacious units with large windows and balconies in every suite.

Suites at E will start in the mid $200s, offering exceptional value for such a premiere location.

Last edited:
Has there been an official plan submitted to the city ?

Is this going to take the entire block, from Yonge up to Roehampton ?

I'll be really sad to lose the kitchen store ... :(

pheww ... those stores can go : ), I'll miss the bagel shop but hopefully it'll relocate, there are alternatives.

Sometimes I wonder if it is only the "NIMBYS" concerned about good and comprehensive planning? Certainly, not many in this forum appreciate the need for it.

Walked by the site and some things still aren't adding up, does this look somewhat correct:

7258968176_e9ea4b3060.jpg

Last edited:

Back