Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

It makes sense since UT is moving its world HQ out of that building soon.

Alright, enough of this HQ stuff ... does UT actually have office somewhere ? :p Seriously though ?

Right!

Right!

Ah really ? I had no idea, how much space is there ? It does make sense though now that I think about it.

Where is the office moving too ?

Any chance of a Urban Toronto tower one day :)

I'm not sure exactly how much space - Ed could answer that if he wants to.

We'd like to be further south.

UrbanToronto Tower came in a close 35th or so when picking a name for Backstage, so no go on that. Backstage is not quite an epic enough supertall anyway, so we'll hold out I suppose.

Cheers!

I'm not sure exactly how much space - Ed could answer that if he wants to.

We'd like to be further south.

UrbanToronto Tower came in a close 35th or so when picking a name for Backstage, so no go on that. Backstage is not quite an epic enough supertall anyway, so we'll hold out I suppose.

Cheers!

Backstage is residential no, how could you in there ? :) Unless you referring to the retail in the building (if that exists) but I doubt that's what you meant.

he's just joking around with that last comment... dont take everything so literally.

Honestly I was shocked to learn UT had office space period, still am ;) What is it used for ? Its great though !

What is it used for?

We use an office the same way as any other business uses an office. And yes we are looking for new space somewhere downtown. PM if someone has a lead.

We use an office the same way as any other business uses an office. And yes we are looking for new space somewhere downtown. PM if someone has a lead.

hmm, maybe check out ChrisFyvie:
http://twitter.com/ChrisFyvie

I follow his account has he seems very knowledgeable about the industry, he's mentioned this site on several occasions on his account.

No direct experience with him though.

Last edited:
Dreadful. Thankfully must be redesigned. (New architect please.)

8eglintonbazis.jpg

from http://www.toronto.ca/planning/2012/agendas/pdf/drp_minutes_23jan12.pdf

Reading that document, I can see why they demanded changes to the design for 88 Scott. They appear to be constitutionally unable to approve of ANY project. Every project covered in the document, including ones that are described by some of the Design Panel members themselves as being "world-class" in their design, got a thumbs-down from the Panel. The Panel is composed of people with very strong opinions about architecture (as you might expect), and every project, no matter how impressive, has Panel members who cannot agree to approving that project. Driven by that emotional stance, they can always find something to object to about it, and they do.

Last edited:
Honestly the argument seemed to be not enough information was provided ! That seems just to me ...

Reading that document, I can see why they demanded changes to the design for 88 Scott. They appear to be constitutionally unable to approve of ANY project. Every project covered in the document, including ones that are described by some of the Design Panel members themselves as being "world-class" in their design, got a thumbs-down from the Panel. The Panel is composed of people with very strong opinions about architecture (as you might expect), and every project, no matter how impressive, has Panel members who cannot agree to approving that project. Driven by that emotional stance, they can always find something to object to about it, and they do.

+1

Back