Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

We have an address, and we have some crazy heights....Nice:cool:
Mods..you can start a new thread or just change this to 2263 Yonge.

2263 YONGE ST
OPA / Rezoning 11 326074 STE 22 OZ Ward 22
- Tor & E.York Dec 14, 2011 --- --- --- ---
Rezoning application to permit the redevelopment of the lands for the purposes of a new mixed use building comprised of two residential towers 64 stories and 44 stories in height respectively connected by a 3 storey podium containing retail and office uses. Included in the proposal is the demolition and replacement of 30 existing rental dwelling units secured through a related Residential Demolition Control Application. Proposal will contain 1166 dwelling units complete with 371 parking spaces located in a below grade parking facility, 95 of which would be provided for retail and office purposes.

2263 YONGE ST
Rental Housing Demolition & Conversion 11 326114 STE 22 RH Ward 22
- Tor & E.York Dec 14, 2011 --- --- --- ---
Rental Housing and Demolition Control Application for the demolition and replacement of 30 rental dwelling units. Proposal is to replace the 30 units in the redevelopment of the lands proposed under related application 11-326074

Last edited:
I just cant see something over 200 meters going up at y/e without a serious fight from the neighbourhood. and at 64 stories i cant see this being below 200m..... hope it happens though. I would love to have a 200+meter tower in my neck of the woods, as would UT HQ im sure :D

I just cant see something over 200 meters going up at y/e without a serious fight from the neighbourhood. and at 64 stories i cant see this being below 200m..... hope it happens though. I would love to have a 200+meter tower in my neck of the woods, as would UT HQ im sure :D

yeah the nimbers will fight the fight as usual i bet

The area is now littered with recently retired people who are looking for a project to occupy their time.

Clearly this is an intersection that should be intensified.

true, but i think the NIMBYS have a case ...
maybe 2 towers of 40+s but forget 60+s; and i think the podium should be higher than 3s, perhaps 5s to match some of the low-rise commercial buildings around the area.

Last edited:
The 60+ stories could be a ploy to get what they want, which might be 10-15 stories less. If they actually asked for what they wanted, and it still got chopped, it would make the whole thing unprofitable. Just a potential view.

The 60+ stories could be a ploy to get what they want, which might be 10-15 stories less. If they actually asked for what they wanted, and it still got chopped, it would make the whole thing unprofitable. Just a potential view.

After the minto midtown mess that took upwards of a decade to sort out, and with the other mess of a proposal a block west at duplex and eglinton, I don't think any developer would add an extra inch more height to their plans of how tall they want their building. Saying 60+ when shooting for 50ish storeys may work in other parts of the city, but NIMBYS in this area are quick to stir up dissent. If these developers are asking for 64ish storeys, i assume that they intend to follow through. I hope they build it, and i hope its very tall. guna be a rough fight though.

Even though a bit taller than expected.....how do you figure a tough fight, when this development is right at the corner of a future Eglinton LRT/Subway and Yonge hub.
On the other side of the street, Rio-Can Yonge Eglinton centre is approved for an additional 7 storeys (aprox. extra 30 meters in height). also 33-44 Eglinton has an appeal to the OMB for a lack of a decision within the prescribed time for a 48 storey building.

true, but i think the NIMBYS have a case ...
maybe 2 towers of 40+s but forget 60+s; and i think the podium should be higher than 3s, perhaps 5s to match some of the low-rise commercial buildings around the area.

How does that improve the situation? Why is 60 s such a bitter pill that 40 s would improve?

How does that improve the situation? Why is 60 s such a bitter pill that 40 s would improve?

it's 25% greater density !

keeping in mind even though it's a transit node, there are / will be other developments in the area (at least 10 towers i can think of) which will continue to further add more people and traffic.
it's very likely that the condos will be built much more in advance of the TTC lines being anywhere near completion, or started, if history is any indication.

“We are talking to residents, talking to the councillor, talking to the TTC, talking to Metrolinx. We are still at the talking stage. We are nine months away from filing a proposal. We don’t want to surprise anybody. We don’t want to have problems like we had here,†he adds, a reference to community opposition to the three-storey mall RioCan will build on the northwest corner, starting next spring." - October 19, 2011

It hasn't even been 9 weeks, let alone 9 months.

“We are talking to residents, talking to the councillor, talking to the TTC, talking to Metrolinx. We are still at the talking stage. We are nine months away from filing a proposal. We don’t want to surprise anybody. We don’t want to have problems like we had here,†he adds, a reference to community opposition to the three-storey mall RioCan will build on the northwest corner, starting next spring." - October 19, 2011

It hasn't even been 9 weeks, let alone 9 months.

Wait, the riocan project starts next spring ??

Back