News   May 17, 2024
 2.8K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Toronto Eaton Centre

Three new pop-ups opened in the Eaton Centre today.

- Gemlet, which took the location of the former Yves Rocher, and will be turning into Ricardo's Kandy Korner (possession is in February for construction to start).
- Prairies & Petals, which opened in the former Scotch & Soda after the brand pulled out of the market. P&P is also up at Yorkdale, in a storefront beside Tesla.
- Kit + Ace opened its pop-up in the over-changing flux space on the top floor beside Moose Knuckles. It was recently the BTS pop-up. Kit + Ace also opened their pop-up at CF Market Mall in Calgary today.

I also saw that Osmows is open in the food court, but it was too busy to grab a photo.
IMG_2868.JPG
IMG_2857.JPG
IMG_2882.JPG

I read that the Nordstrom space has been leased. Any insights? I am assuming Simon’s but you never know! Lol

Two impending closures to share:

Old Navy and Williams Sonoma will be closing their doors. Closing signage is up at WS, while a full section of Old Navy at the back of the store has been allocated for fixtures and mannequin storage.

View attachment 530121View attachment 530122View attachment 530123View attachment 530124
I am actually quite shocked both these stores are closing.

They've both been there around 20 years. This doesn't seem like a coincidence

In respect of Williams Sonoma I'm not sure I ever thought it was a good fit for The Eaton Centre.

TEC doesn't have a luxury wing, and to me WS fits in Yorkville (and had a great space behind the facade of the former University Theatre in Yorville, which it vacated long ago) and in Yorkdale; it never felt like a TEC store to me

Old Navy on the other hand I think was a good fit and did good trade for a very long time. That said, 'Old Navy' has had slow to negative sales growth in recent years and been a subpar performer. Back in April, its stores open at least one year showed negative sales growth (or a slide) of 7%. Its clothing has not been on trend for some time.

So it doesn't entirely surprise me that they might choose to vacant a high rent location that isn't bringing great value for money.

I'm not a an aficionado of the latter..............

Regardless, that's not what's coming.

Hmmm...I have to say that I'm a bit shocked that they're closing. What store would want the same large 25K sq ft space like Old Navy? I don't think that Aritzia or Sephora would want to move down there from up on Level 3. Is it being turned into a restaurant instead? Cheesecake Factory?

I was wondering how long Williams-Sonoma would last at TEC. It was giving me Pottery Barn vibes. Always empty.

A Starbucks will be opening in the former Shoo by Steve Madden space on Level 2 near Lindt. Also, a Chinese "Crispy Burger" restaurant called Bingz is coming. Nespresso in the Hudson's Bay basement is closing January 7th.

Hmmm...I have to say that I'm a bit shocked that they're closing. What store would want the same large 25K sq ft space like Old Navy? I don't think that Aritzia or Sephora would want to move down there from up on Level 3. Is it being turned into a restaurant instead? Cheesecake Factory?

I was wondering how long Williams-Sonoma would last at TEC. It was giving me Pottery Barn vibes. Always empty.

A Starbucks will be opening in the former Shoo by Steve Madden space on Level 2 near Lindt. Also, a Chinese "Crispy Burger" restaurant called Bingz is coming. Nespresso in the Hudson's Bay basement is closing January 7th.

Curious, is this a 4th Starbucks or a relocation of an existing one?

Back