Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

Are those brackets on the upper walls of Nordstrom's for more LEDs?

This was posted 1 page back:

I guess you've never been to Parkway Mall?

All the charm you'd expect of a 1958 strip mall with a unique design renoed into a generic late 80s suburban mall. That said, the arched Metro offers some redemption, and adds more charm with the staggered upper windows.

I can't believe I'm saying this (because I generally abhor them), but it was a beautiful strip mall—from pics and sketches that is; I'm too young to have known it before it was mallified (mollified!). That said, I also love The Gobbler, so kitschy is in my wheelhouse from time to time.

Today's top story on Retail Insider talks more about Thursday's grand re-opening of H&M, and also acknowledges the rumours of Apple's move to the remaining atrium retail space.

Is it my imagination or does the 'rumoured Apple space" appear to be smaller than their present store? I am very very sceptical as to the Apple Store rumours.

The current Apple store is 4,977 square feet. The space on Yonge is about 8,000 square feet on the ground floor, and about 12,000 square feet on the second level.

There's a window in the atrium space that looks between the outside hoarding and the exterior face of the 'apple' store. Last I checked it didn't look particularly apple-y underneath.

Well, there you have it. The new map just put up on the wall of the atrium. That settles the debate. Now, whether it's Apple going into this space is not known but I can't think of any other retailer that is this secretive about opening a store.

gnaoP0o.jpg

Here's a pano of the atrium. H&M looks good but the light walls were off. Posters have gone up on the white walls. Uniqlo will go deep into that wall making the atrium much more spacious than when it was when Sears ran the legnth of that wall. I wish that they opened up the escalator well to the floor below. There's plenty of room for that and both the atrium and the lower floor would benefit in terms of visual interest and natural light. Right now, the centrepiece of the atrium is a trash can.

FdqEXuh.jpg

Here's a pano of the atrium. H&M looks good but the light walls were off. Posters have gone up on the white walls. Uniqlo will go deep into that wall making the atrium much more spacious than when it was when Sears ran the legnth of that wall. I wish that they opened up the escalator well to the floor below. There's plenty of room for that and both the atrium and the lower floor would benefit in terms of visual interest and natural light. Right now, the centrepiece of the atrium is a trash can.

FdqEXuh.jpg
so where do poel think there is an apple store going in here? If Nordstrom is in the centre and Uniqlo is going to be on the left por is it somewhere else?

so where do poel think there is an apple store going in here? If Nordstrom is in the centre and Uniqlo is going to be on the left por is it somewhere else?

Nordstrom isn't really going to be seen from this angle. It will be partially behind the retail unit on the left, and partially behind the retail unit on the right (Where Uniqlo is going). The space in the middle will be a hallway leading into Nordstrom.

The rumoured Apple Store space is behind the hoarding that says "Toronto Eaton Centre - Need Assistance?"

This is the rumoured layout:

G56nILJ.jpg

In the pano, it's the space on the left. On the right is Uniqlo and in the centre will be a corridor leading to Nordstrom. While not directly in the atrium, Nordstrom will be visible a short distance away.

FdqEXuh.jpg

The Apple Store would have an outside presence facing Yonge-Dundas Sq at the corner something like this:

Y8SFlO9.jpg

Last edited:

Back