Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

As an Apple user (iPhone, iPad and MacBook) I don't understand the obsession with the store... It's just a store at the end of the day and annoyingly cultish.

Apple Stores Replacing Department Stores as Main Driver of Mall Traffic

Besides driving traffic to malls, flagship Apple Stores are architecturally significant. After all, Norman Foster is their go to architect. It would be huge to the Eaton Centre and to Yonge-Dundas Square to have an Apple Store anchor this space.

As an Apple user (iPhone, iPad and MacBook) I don't understand the obsession with the store... It's just a store at the end of the day and annoyingly cultish.

Like MetroMan said, it drives traffic at the end of the day, and for mall owners, having a store with a cult status and customers who are willing to part $899+ ever year for a new iPhone means they have money to spend in other stores in their mall.

I agree with filip I am a devoted apple user, wouldn't dream of using anything else... For anything. But I hate that store it's awful. Maybe it's because it's too small, but I'd be just as happy if it was Disney moving there. I actually like going into the Disney store crowded or not.

mysteries.

I can understand excitement around their flagship stores - they are usually architecturally quite worthwhile. Not sure if that would be the case for any hypothetical store at Eaton Centre though - in fact, I'd be hesitant to put anything but the run of the mill at this newly carved out space given its mediocrity. Apple exactitude - and then you have painted panels and cheesy media tower...

Personally, I think they'd be far better off taking over 229 Yonge than staying in the mall in the long run.

AoD

Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple

/thread


It comes in Unicode!

Their stores are very well designed, doesn't seem strange for an architectural forum to discuss them at length. If there was a condo that featured a glass spiral staircase I'm sure there would be a 1000 page thread about it.

Apple has been very successful with its stores, and they have been the source of a lot of retail innovation. In a society obsessed with its devices, the appeal of the Apple Store is obvious.

But I think we've exhausted the whole "will this be an Apple Store?" discussion for now, absent new information coming to light.

Their stores are very well designed, doesn't seem strange for an architectural forum to discuss them at length. If there was a condo that featured a glass spiral staircase I'm sure there would be a 1000 page thread about it.
I don't think that's the kind of location you'd get a spiral glass staircase in. At most it'll be a double decker of their regular stores.

Yep, obviously nobody knows what their stores look like until they open. Thus the rampant speculation!

Back