Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

From this morning...

IMG_20151023_121143.jpg

I wonder if it's gone to the Island of Misfit Public Art, to join the poor man's Richard Serra that used to be at the TD Centre?

The poor man's Richard Serra is actually Royden Rabinowitch's ÉLOGES DE FONTENELLE out front of the Metro Convention Centre.

Strangly enough, the maquettes for said sculpture was actioned off at Waddingtons yesterday (no bidders)

Slipstream was supposed to work off just sunlight during the day, while utilizing the LEDs at night.

From this morning...

IMG_20151023_121143.jpg

Thanks!

Does the cornice/ledge go right to the NE corner of the former Eaton's/Sears store, or does it stop where the new Nordstrom stops?
Just wondering how the cornice and materials under the cornice will transition to the smaller units at the NE corner (i.e. Nordstrom wouldn't want the same finish to extend beyond its store).

Two more stores have opened on the east side of the hall under Nordstrom since I last shot and posted them in post #394.

The new ones are
IMG_8655.jpg

and
IMG_8657.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8655.jpg
    IMG_8655.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 1,644
  • IMG_8657.jpg
    IMG_8657.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 1,639
Thanks for the Nordstrom pics -
Hard to tell whether that ledge stops at the alcove (where Nordstrom ends - see plan below) or continues past it.

Those sign brackets in Salsa's pic above the scaffolding look like they are for the unknown big box retailer or more billboards?
They are located much higher than the retail space and farther north than Nordstrom (but could still be for a Nordstrom sign - ironically mounted on Sears' corporate offices?).

From the Cadillac Fairview leasing website, it looks like the Nordstrom floorplate will be substantially smaller than the Eaton's / Sears floorplate:

There's a long passageway from the Dundas Atrium (flanked by 2 large 2-storey retail spaces):

http://www.cfretail.com/EN/PropertySearch/Pages/TorontoEatonCentre.aspx

There's a similar Nordstrom floorplate on the next level up:

http://www.cfretail.com/EN/PropertySearch/Pages/TorontoEatonCentre.aspx

Back