Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

Instead of another big tenant, could the mall not simply be extended so that more individual stores be put in?

That is one option, and will doubtless be considered.

A couple of potential bigger tenants will likely have first kick at the can, so to speak. If that can't be worked out, then you will indeed see the space demised in some fashion.

There are a couple of foreign players who may give the space the once over; but I haven't heard if any overtures have been made.

I think it might be worthwhile for some to have a better understanding of how that space is laid out:

1678904539296.png

I have used the area function of TO Maps to illustrate the rough footprint of the mall atrium if pushed through on a straight angle to the Dundas arcade . (it would actually have to angle to the right w/the glass to the right of the office tower).

But the key here is understanding that there is no functional room for retail on the west side of the main corridor if you choose to keep it roughly straight, the retail would be entirely between Yonge and the main mall corridor.

There is some space available to the west as you move further north; but it does make for challenging design choices.

Steering the corridor to the east/right does allow for equally demisable space on both sides, but throw off what I would think of as the ideal mall corridor visual.

Either way, you have to choose whether you want any retail to animate the Yonge frontage; and if you do, providing it connections to both the street and the mall is a bit of a hassle for store security, with conventional retail tenants.

It can all be worked out. Just have to see what CF wants, and whose in the market to deal.

Last edited:
It would be great to at least extend the skylight through the space, especially now while it's being renovated..

BMO has already leased that space (upper floors), so I don't believe that's feasible, at this time. Though I agree, it's a nice thought.

I think it might be worthwhile for some to have a better understanding of how that space is laid out:

That is one option, and will doubtless be considered.

A couple of potential bigger tenants will likely have first kick at the can, so to speak. If that can't be worked out, then you will indeed see the space demised in some fashion.

There are a couple of foreign players who may give the space the once over; but I haven't heard if any overtures have been made.

Maybe we'll get a Takashimaya :)

Honestly haha I know I'm just posting for the sake bu man if we bring this I think everyone would be ecstatic but as you are away it's grocery in Canada...

View attachment 461856

They've looked at Canada, but have yet to bite; but no chance ................does their business model work with TEC. Zero.

I think that Simon’s will get the space but it would be nice if Galeries Lafayette would consider our little burg.

Who knows, maybe this trend of bringing back nostalgic brands from the dead will lead Footlocker to resurrect Woolworth's (or more likely here in Canada, WoolCo)?

Who knows, maybe this trend of bringing back nostalgic brands from the dead will lead Footlocker to resurrect Woolworth's (or more likely here in Canada, WoolCo)?

In that case how about Eaton's itself?

Back