Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

Well, the CF is centred so likely will be the only thing up there. Size looks decent - could be cool!

77DBCCA8-3349-4349-988D-8E7E295ED858.jpeg
They’re constructing a massive scaffolding on the west side of the former Sears/Eatons. I guess this is the beginning of the construction for the BMO campus.

Attachments

• 77DBCCA8-3349-4349-988D-8E7E295ED858.jpeg
    77DBCCA8-3349-4349-988D-8E7E295ED858.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 516
They’re constructing a massive scaffolding on the west side of the former Sears/Eatons. I guess this is the beginning of the construction for the BMO campus.
I assumed that all the work on the BMO refit would be INTERIOR - maybe they are just doing external maintenance (and used the chance to finally remove the Sears sign!)

There's definitely some interior work that's going to be done. I cant remember the source, but I heard skylights (through a glass ceiling) will be installed. The top floor already has skylights per se, but they arent as bright as one would think.

While the 7th and 6 floor are open concept right now, the 5th floor as it currently stands would need quite a bit of work to be fully opened up (if that's what BMO's plan is). As per the rendering, the 5th floor through to the 7th would need pretty extensive work to break the walls open and install some glass as well. Then there's the matter of what's going to be done with the north-south skybridge that links that office space to the Eaton Centre, Sears Corporate closed it off and didnt use it at all. BMO and Cadillac may work something out for a potential reactivation.

Then there's the matter of what's going to be done with the north-south skybridge that links that office space to the Eaton Centre, Sears Corporate closed it off and didnt use it at all. BMO and Cadillac may work something out for a potential reactivation.

BMO already currently occupies the floor of 250 Yonge that the skybridge connects to, so its definitely possible.

I'm pretty sure the building permits mentioned the elevator shaft. ie, there's work on the mechanical floor behind the branding. The branding is most likely used to hide the mechanical stuff.

Seems like lot of work and a lot of $$ to add this branding (which most people will never see or 'understand'.)

I think CF missed the boat on why one 'brands'.

You brand to attract people to your product, and when you have a signature product to be able to extend that brand to other products or lines.

Does anyone truly believe that anyone will say "Oh, that's a CF mall, we have to go shop there!" ?

I am rather certain the answer is no. That being the case, the branding exercise is a waste of investor $$ that would be better expended elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure the building permits mentioned the elevator shaft. ie, there's work on the mechanical floor behind the branding. The branding is most likely used to hide the mechanical stuff.
It is hardly the best plan to hide something quite small behind something very large. The Permit does not seem to mention the elevator shaft.

Description:
Proposed steel sub-structure with mesh enclosure on the roof of building significant to supposed [support] 2 sets of *CF (Cadillac Fairview)*

I think CF missed the boat on why one 'brands'.

You brand to attract people to your product, and when you have a signature product to be able to extend that brand to other products or lines.

Does anyone truly believe that anyone will say "Oh, that's a CF mall, we have to go shop there!" ?

I am rather certain the answer is no. That being the case, the branding exercise is a waste of investor $$ that would be better expended elsewhere.

The only time people care about who manages a property is when they want to sue.

I assumed that all the work on the BMO refit would be INTERIOR - maybe they are just doing external maintenance (and used the chance to finally remove the Sears sign!)

Let's hope they are installing windows for the future office drones.

Back