Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

That's a lot of money to spend on a sign no one will pay any attention to...

Reactions: DSC
Yes, please get ready to whinge when this becomes more of an eyesore facing Nathan Phillips Square. We're doing warm-ups in the 401 Bay thread if you want to join in early!

The real question will be how bright they plan on making that sign. The only potential benefit I see is them lighting up the full crown which could be, I guess, okay-ish.

The real question will be how bright they plan on making that sign. The only potential benefit I see is them lighting up the full crown which could be, I guess, okay-ish.
Knowing Cadillac, as bright as they possibly can (even more so than all the ads at Yonge-Dundas Square) before they get a complaint from their neighbors across the street at Massey Tower.

Knowing Cadillac, as bright as they possibly can (even more so than all the ads at Yonge-Dundas Square) before they get a complaint from their neighbors across the street at Massey Tower.
In the planning documents the northeast facing sign has to be turned off at 11 pm every night.

In the planning documents the northeast facing sign has to be turned off at 11 pm every night.

That's because of the condos on Yonge and Victoria, but what about Nathan Phillips Square? I like how subdued the lighting is around NPS at night. This CF logo looks like it could be quite the eyesore.

Now that I see the full extent of what is happening, what bothers me most is that this will change the look of the tower such that it no longer matches the others in the complex.

Now that I see the full extent of what is happening, what bothers me most is that this will change the look of the tower such that it no longer matches the others in the complex.
Don't say that or they'll start adding them to the rest of the towers (I don't think they're all CF owned luckily so that may not be possible)!

June 12, 2018

(Cellphone pic)

096157FE-FAE0-4304-B1EF-3645B2157FC1.jpeg

Attachments

• 096157FE-FAE0-4304-B1EF-3645B2157FC1.jpeg
    096157FE-FAE0-4304-B1EF-3645B2157FC1.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 496

Back