Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

It was a tongue-in-cheek, and admittedly gratuitous, swipe at CF.

(Although the retailer might have approached the design of a store in a CF environment with the old adage "when in Rome...".) ;)

Oh, swipe away. Maybe they just didn't think it made any sense to compete with the new Apple store with the glass spiral staircase and giant golden pineapple. That's the only important thing at this end of the mall now.

Maybe you could be a little less sanctimonious and snarky, and refrain from being unnecessarily insulting to other commentators. People like to shop in a nice environment. There is nothing "sad" about that. And this is a forum focused on architecture and design, so it's perfectly understandable for participants to be discussing the store interiors.

Not to mention I'd be out of a job if people didn't care about what the store they are shopping at looked like.

Is Toronto getting a new Apple Store? A rumour rundown
Toronto Life, 3 March 2016

"One knowledgable source tells us that there is, indeed, a well-known retailer in negotiations for the [Eaton Centre] space, but it’s not Apple."

AndreaPalladio is correct, then. We're getting that Radio Shack.

Might want to include the rest of that source's statement:

One knowledgable source tells us that there is, indeed, a well-known retailer in negotiations for the space, but it’s not Apple. This source acknowledged that it’s possible Apple is also in negotiations.

So in other words... still no definitive answer and we still have to wait until the day the store opens or is announced!

Might want to include the rest of that source's statement

Why? How did my joke about Radio Shack need it?

I long ago stopped caring about the Apple store speculation. The only source worth quoting is when CF, or possibly Apple depending on what happens, actually announces who is going into that space. I leave references to other "sources" to others.

Last edited:
I only dip in when there's something new to consider, or something worth reminding people about. Here's the reminder: the Yonge Street space at the atrium is two floors high, and can be configured as two stores, one per floor, or as one two-floor store. Ground level is around 8,000 square feet, the second level is around 12,000 square feet. I would seriously doubt that Toronto would end up with two glass staircase stores, and I think that The One is the more likely place for one of those. The Eaton Centre atrium space could still be a two-storey Apple store, glass and pineapples or not, or on just one of the two floors, but one way or the other, it's moving, dammit, it's moving.

DSC_0182.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0182.jpg
    DSC_0182.jpg
    584.9 KB · Views: 2,091

Back