Toronto East Lofts Condos | ?m | 12s | Harhay | a—A

Does anyone know how long after occupancy registration/closing is expected to happen for this building?

Sept 15

Drive by shooting from 504

IMG_sept-15-09-0191.jpg

IMG_sept-15-09-0192.jpg

Black Aluminimum paneling up..

The black aluminimum paneling on the large bare west side of the building facing Sherbourne was started a few days back..

Although I do like how the building is coming along, a few things I think would have made the building even better:

1. Instead of black window framing use the same silver framing used in both Kings Court and Mozo. The more I look at the building, the more I find the building colours very dark and heavy and I think the silver would have contracted with the black brick in a way to lighten the building.

2. Instead of the black aluminum paneling on the bare west side use the blank palette for a decorative piece. An example may be something like this in Leslieville:

RT-Leslieville.png

I find this gateway art piece very warm and welcoming every time I drive/streetcar east on Queen into Leslieville..

Not necessarily the colour scheme or something that announces the neighbourhood, and not even sure of the material (brick, concrete, panelling), just not something bare...perhaps something unique..

Unfortunately, if Bauhaus on King and Sherbourne gets built it is all for not, since this side of the building, which you can see all the way west down King Street East, will be blocked...:(

Just my two cents..

Pictures

Thanks for the pictures of the crane removal. I will take some pictures during the site tour tommorrow and post later in the week. I noticed that kitchens being installed on the lower residential floors. Things are moving along quickly.

love the cladding. love this building. i want to live here! hopefully some units come up for sale soon.

attachment.php

Attachments

• East 3.jpg
    East 3.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 398
The retail on the bottom looks like it will be top notch. I love the height and size on those, I can't wait to see the finished product. I just hope it gets some worthy shops/restaurants.

they are hoping not to have a resto there. they want furniture or something high end which will use the big windows and light to it full potential. Hoarding will be coming down in 2 weeks. then they will really push the retail space

Some pics from the tour

Some of the views and units are really spectacular. The raw cement walls accent the units nicely. the 7th floor terrace is really nice and the big large railing thing actually looks great on that floor.

the second pic is of the 3rd floor office space. also really great.

some pics I took

Attachments

• IMG_0487.jpg
    IMG_0487.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 241
Pictures from Site Tour

I have posted some pictures from the site tour that took place this past Saturday. There are some great views of King St. Enjoy...

Attachments

• sitetoursep09 018.jpg
    sitetoursep09 018.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 291
  • sitetoursep09 089.jpg
    sitetoursep09 089.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 268
  • sitetoursep09 111.jpg
    sitetoursep09 111.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 241
  • sitetoursep09 112.jpg
    sitetoursep09 112.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 247
  • sitetoursep09 123.jpg
    sitetoursep09 123.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 242
  • sitetoursep09 133.jpg
    sitetoursep09 133.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 258
  • 2009 Sep 26 006.jpg
    2009 Sep 26 006.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 250
Tour Impressions

-it was great that they let us wander the building unsupervised.
-looks like the residential address will be a Princess address, rather than King St E

-the 7th floor east terraces are very nice, very large. the 3rd floor 'court yard' terraces were quite nice as well, although some face right into the wall of Abbey Lofts, and into the balconies.

-the ground floor retail is very impressive. Starting the tour there, made everything else seem so small.

-confirmed from Harhay that all exposed concrete walls will remain as such.

-according to Harhay: about a dozen prospective tenants for retail space, about 3-4 prospective tenants for second floor office space. Waiting for space to be completed before seriously selling the space.

-Harhay mentioned that they 'may' finish ahead of schedule. from the looks of it, I don't see why not. The site was very busy, even with the tour, there were several types of trade workers all over the place.

-Entrances:
Office- King st E on the west side of the building beside abbey lane lofts
Retail- 2-4 entrances both on King and Princess
Residential - Princess, off the alley by Abbey Lane..

Does anyone have any pictures that show the work going on inside? I had a friend who walked by said he could see cabinets being put in the first few floors.

anyone have a clue if units are still available or how much people are selling their contracts for?

Back