Toronto East FiftyFive | 83.21m | 24s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

How is razing 900 units of affordable housing a solution at all? Because it's ugly to you? Only you wants to live in a museum quality showpiece.

Pretty sure ksun was referring to the inhabitants (his M.O. is contemptible disdain for the poor... and retail-lined streets).

I'm not talking knocking down apartments, but Moss Park an the surrounding area is in desperate need of some cleaning up.

I'm not talking knocking down apartments, but Moss Park an the surrounding area is in desperate need of some cleaning up.

Given what "cleaning up" has often inferred throughout history (removal/pushing out of the poor and the services that they need), I think it's better to use a less loaded term such as "improving". I live in the area and I have to deal with some strange and uncomfortable situations on a semi-daily basis. But that's life; there are people in this area dealing with far tougher circumstances than I ever have. This is everyone's neighbourhood.

But I do agree, that the area could use physical improvement. It has a lot of interesting character with Corktown nearby and a smattering of light industrial operations and sites that have been repurposed. But the streetscaping, the Moss Park Apartments' physical condition and the strained social services in the area could use some investment. There are a few interesting shops/cafes that have opened recently which has been a nice addition. And of course, the area contrasts with both Queen West or Leslieville, but not every neighbourhood can be a retail destination or a gentrified/middle-class neighbourhood.

Given what "cleaning up" has often inferred throughout history (removal/pushing out of the poor and the services that they need), I think it's better to use a less loaded term such as "improving". I live in the area and I have to deal with some strange and uncomfortable situations on a semi-daily basis. But that's life; there are people in this area dealing with far tougher circumstances than I ever have. This is everyone's neighbourhood.

But I do agree, that the area could use physical improvement. It has a lot of interesting character with Corktown nearby and a smattering of light industrial operations and sites that have been repurposed. But the streetscaping, the Moss Park Apartments' physical condition and the strained social services in the area could use some investment. There are a few interesting shops/cafes that have opened recently which has been a nice addition. And of course, the area contrasts with both Queen West or Leslieville, but not every neighbourhood can be a retail destination or a gentrified/middle-class neighbourhood.

By "cleaned up" I meant beautifying the area. The place just looks dirty and uncared for. It's also very sketchy and I'm not talking about the hardworking low income earners.

Coming soon, depending on what happens at the OMB hearing starting September 13, 2016:

DSC09564.jpg

Attachments

• DSC09564.jpg
    DSC09564.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 1,596
Happened to walk by yesterday, and they've already started digging it looks like. Two small hoes and a lot of rubble. Faster than I thought - I really liked some of the units here, and I hope they do well.

Back