Toronto DNA3 | ?m | 15s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

They have sold most of the first bldg (up to the 9th floor as they are waiting on permits to allow them to build to the 14th) and brokers will have a look see at the 2nd bldg on wednesday with offers to follow on Sat. The 2nd bldg will be a mirror image of the first. No units over 940 sq ft were available and prices were between 470 and 541/ft. Not bad pricing. Original DNA1 went for around $270 ft back in 02/03 haha. They had a previous owner day this past Saturday although, again, most of the units had been presold to brokers. It was a busy sales centre with buses of Chinese purchasers, but only about 2 or 3 floorplans were useful. If this is the way it's going, and all indications are that it is, I really expect small units (less than 700 ft) to drop precipitously in price. There are simply waaaaaaaay too many of them.

I really expect small units (less than 700 ft) to drop precipitously in price. There are simply waaaaaaaay too many of them.

I agree that we'll soon experience supply imbalances between 1 beds and larger suites.

I suppose it's even worse now that we have the HST... :eek:

a clearer rendering ...

Fullscreen-capture-03062010-33705-PM.jpg

Canderel Stoneridge and TriCon Capital threw a party on Thursday evening preceding this weekend's grand opening of their DNA3 sales centre on King Street West at Shaw. DNA3 will consist of a pair of stepped, U-shaped, 15-storey glass buildings rising from a low-rise podium. Designed by Graziani + Corazza Architects, the buildings will feature frosted glass frames that will add visual interest to the facades.

DNA3-Exterior750.jpg

DNA3-ExteriorNose750.jpg

DNA3 will feature ground level retail fronting on King Street.

DNA3-ExteriorCrop750.jpg

DNA3P1180212.jpg

The sales centre features a detailed model of the complex.

DNA3P1180201.jpg

DNA3P1180191.jpg

An outdoor recreation terrace will nestle between the towers on the podium roof.

DNA3P1180211.jpg

DNA3P1180203.jpg

DNA3P1180207.jpg

DNA3-Terrace750.jpg

These two images show the complex from the northeast.

DNA3P1180188.jpg

DNA3P1180190.jpg

Riz Dhanji, Canderel Stoneridge's Vice President of Sales and Marketing, welcomed everyone to the party.

DNA3P1180246.jpg

DNA3P1180222.jpg

DNA3P1180198.jpg

DNA3P1180218.jpg

Interactive screens allow prospective purchasers to consult floor plans, amenities, renderings, and neighbourhood information.

DNA3P1180214.jpg

The public can view the sales centre as of this weekend's grand opening. UrbanToronto will bring you back to DNA3 next week for a look at the building's interiors, and the Cecconi-Simone designed model suite.

DNA3P1180220.jpg

It's interesting, and kinda sad, how much architects in the city are relying on balcony treatments to add interest to otherwise uninspired buildings. This is an example at a small scale, and of course One Bloor is the biggest. (Contrast this with Absolute World, where the interest is more fundamental to the building structure.)

Maybe, but still fits it great with the area - I do think the absolute worlds have their places - but I'd rather see them in central locations i.e. NYCC / MCC / SCC / downtown where there's such a varied type of architecture already.

I'm not suggesting that every building has to have some sort of stand-out design, I was just noticing that balconies seem to be the cheap way that architects are now adding interest to what are otherwise undistinguished buildings.

Back