Toronto DNA3 | ?m | 15s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Huh. I get it, like I get how it works, but I think I need some axonometric views on this one for it to really gel in my noggin. Essentially it's an E, if seen from above and facing east. The only undifferentiated bit is the two floor podium along King. If you're far enough back from the building you'll see it as three wings projecting from a slab running along the back. Rectangular (precast?) treatments will back up the monotony along the Shank Street side. Coming renders will shed more light on what side of the clever/stupid line this one treads on.

'Toronto and East York community council approved preliminary plans' as found in today's National Post

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/...03/26/city-approves-six-new-condo-towers.aspx

National Post's report heading is misleading ... it should have read instead "Toronto and East York Community Council approved Preliminary Staff Reports for six proposed residential towers?" since these proposals are not acutally approved ... its only a preliminary report while then leads to the Community Consultation process

geeezz .... media

I don't think this has been posted yet....

10729_128627308275_128623003275_2330081_5578003_n.jpg

http://www.dnacondos.com/

so its confirmed then ... this project is really going to be called DNA3

according to the registration website, it reads "Watch out for the exciting updates on the official launch of DNA3. Spring 2010." :)

Architecturally I'm not in love with DNA3's design, I think DNA1 was much more impressive by far in terms of the massing (terraces !), built form (V-shaped building), and facade materials (pairing of glass + brick) ... based on what the rendering shows, DNA3 resemebles a a midrise office building to me

thanks for posting the rendering MikeMang ... good find !!

so its confirmed then ... this project is really going to be called DNA3

I confirmed this in November 2008!

Anyway. I like the look of the design and it appears that sales are picking up in the Downtown West. The west seems like the only area where multiple sites have opened recently (Connect, The Tower) with Two Gladstone and 40 Dovercourt also potential openings this year.

Oct 06

I believe the tents are for an event as there is a movie shoot up the street on Shaw.

IMG_oct-06-09-0122.jpg

IMG_oct-06-09-0125.jpg

IMG_oct-06-09-0129.jpg

IMG_oct-06-09-0130.jpg

Back