Mississauga Dixie Outlet Mall Redevelopment | 90.2m | 25s | Slate | Giannone Petricone

It's true. Square one has a woodbine vibe these days.

Square One has a Woodbine vibe?

You have got to be kidding. First of all, it’s January, a traditionally dead time for shopping. Secondly, the tenant mix at Square One is on the mid-to-high end, somewhere between Scarborough Town Centre and Yorkdale. Woodbine hardly has any major, national tenants anymore.

Finally, Square One is in a prime location, surrounded by tens of thousands of condo residents, with good transit and nearby amenities. Woodbine has is relatively isolated, with poor transit and too far to walk from Humber College.

Square One has a Woodbine vibe?

You have got to be kidding. First of all, it’s January, a traditionally dead time for shopping. Secondly, the tenant mix at Square One is on the mid-to-high end, somewhere between Scarborough Town Centre and Yorkdale. Woodbine hardly has any major, national tenants anymore.

Finally, Square One is in a prime location, surrounded by tens of thousands of condo residents, with good transit and nearby amenities. Woodbine has is relatively isolated, with poor transit and too far to walk from Humber College.
I live right beside square one and am very happy with the mall. I thought the sarcasm was obvious. If you need to convince someone please share your concerns with the Milton Oakville resident in this thread who clearly has a different take on the mall.

Btw I much prefer the KEG at square one then the Dixie mall food options.

Oh wow. I thought the plan initially was to redevelop the entire mall space. Happy to see they are planning to actually keep the mall itself.

Oh wow. I thought the plan initially was to redevelop the entire mall space. Happy to see they are planning to actually keep the mall itself.

I dont see where you see anything about keeping the mall... Sure it says there will be new retail. But for all we know that means a grocery store, a bank, a Starbucks under a condominium. Maybe I am seeing this wrong.

I dont see where you see anything about keeping the mall... Sure it says there will be new retail. But for all we know that means a grocery store, a bank, a Starbucks under a condominium. Maybe I am seeing this wrong.
You're not reading it wrong, the mall will be gone. Total redevelopment over many phases.

May 8 committer meeting
PUBLIC MEETING INFORMATION REPORT (WARD 1)
Official Plan Amendment and Rezoning applications to permit 5 apartment buildings ranging from 9 to 25 storeys and a City park 1250 South Service Road, west of Dixie Road, south side of South Service Road
Owner: SCREO Dixie Outlet Mall Inc., (Slate Asset Management)
File: OZ/OPA 22-32 W1
Pre-Bill 109

From the meeting:

1696440839029.png

Ugh. Why do you have to enrage me like that by noticing that detail. >.<
My bosses boss is a former tennis player now pickleball junkie. For my own benefit I decided to put my dignity to the side and sign up for pickleball classes. They told me it was full and they would put my name on the wait list. The world has lost its collective mind.

My bosses boss is a former tennis player now pickleball junkie. For my own benefit I decided to put my dignity to the side and sign up for pickleball classes. They told me it was full and they would put my name on the wait list. The world has lost its collective mind.
Pickleball is spreading almost as fast as Metrolinx Grey

Back