Toronto Discovery at Concord Park Place | ?m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

parkplacefa3.jpg

They look decent-and definitely an improvement of dear old fugly Daniels- not to push the height point, but i hope a couple of the buildings end up somewhat taller:40-50 story range, but mixed in with high density, low-rise and mid-rise buildings..

p5

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your interest in Concord Park Place.

We wish to take this opportunity to keep you informed about the latest development of this community in the making.
Concord Park Place is a multi-phased residential community development. This 45 acre site will take approximately 10 years to develop. When complete, Concord Park Place will become the largest residential community in the history of North York, Ontario.

Strategically located on the major transportation hub, with two subway stations, a GO Train station, Hwy 401 and 404/DVP, Concord Park Place is truly at the centre of everything. This unparalleled location will guarantee a strong growth potential.

"Discovery at Concord Park Place" is the first phase of this community development. The Public Grand Opening is tentatively slated for July 18, 2007.

However, as an online registrant, you are invited to attend the following events well in advance of the Public Grand Opening.

1) CONCORD PARK PLACE - EARLY BIRD PREVIEW:
June 29, 2007 - July 4, 2007 (closed on July 1, 2007)
2) DISCOVERY AT CONCORD PARK PLACE - EARLY PURCHASE OPPORTUNITY:
July 5, 2007 at 12 Noon

The first two buildings are each 28 storeys. I don't have a height in feet or metres. I am told that the first day of sales to the "general public" has been moved up to Wed. July 11.

I was really excited about this place till I started reading horror stories on Concorde Cityplace and Concorde in general (from Hong Kong)...

Looks great on paper but bad pet food and toys isn't the only thing that can be imported from China :(

Reviews I have heard from Cityplace were middle of the road. Not bad but definitely not spectacular.

Unfortuntely I've heard about horrid management and no heat/ water /gas.

I read it first on the net and a family member (OK, my mom) has a friend that lives there that confirmed those grievences.

With google enter these words
"concorde parkplace sucks"
You'll get an amatuer website with a good list of grievences. Crime aside, the building quality sucks hardcore (apparantly the builders were paid on cheap builders coming from Hong Kong / China).

Sure it passes initial inspection but so too do those knock-off batteries until you actually use 'em. Then they explode :p

How can there be grievances when they haven't started building it yet? "Concorde parkplace sucks" yields no results on google.

I've lived in Cityplace now since the day it opened, and I've never had any serious problems. The place isn't perfect, but the management is pretty decent and the buildings are in very good shape.

The only problem I can see happening to City Place is if there were more and more sublets, and an increasingly transient mostly rental population, which might create the dreaded "St James Town" effect despite the fact that these are condominiums. But smart people will get out well before that happens, if it ever does. It is a convenient location right downtown for people who want the get-up-and-go lifestyle and a nice view and I think it works very well.

The only problem I can see happening to City Place is if there were more and more sublets, and an increasingly transient mostly rental population, which might create the dreaded "St James Town" effect despite the fact that these are condominiums. But smart people will get out well before that happens, if it ever does.

These smart people own their units. It will never become St James Town. My brother-in-law lives in HVE. Maintenance fees went up substantially above inflation this year. The owners want to protect their investments.

Good thing they put a subway in as that area is otherwise going to be traffic crazy. Having said that there will be major gridlock there, subway notwithstanding, whenever IKEA is busy. Though when is IKEA not busy?

Back