Toronto Discovery at Concord Park Place | ?m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

^ I pretty much agree. First, they'll probably punch roads through, build the park, etc....since "construction" will take 10 years, I wonder if the actual towers won't really go up until CityPlace is more or less finished.

No mention of anything on their website, however they have been working with ConcordAdex, completing the Panorama tower. That said, I was at the IKEA up at Sheppard and was quite amazed at how much has changed in the area, not to mention all of the cityplace banners flying around. I take it they will be building around IKEA- should be some good business for them eh?

p5

No mention of anything on their website, however they have been working with ConcordAdex, completing the Panorama tower.

Mike in TO is good enough for me

I really dislike condo floor plans lately. The kitchens are horribly designed as one long counter along the side of the livingroom, or one long counter in a "hallway" leading to the livingroom.

There are renderings of the first released buildings in this week's Condo guide (or whatever it is called). It looks like standard Concord glass boxes.

The standard glass box is an improvement for the area. I definately wouldn't mind it, It can't be worse than what Dear Daniels is putting up.

Very very true. I did not mean to disparage the design. I thought they looked decent and yes, I would never trade a glass box for a condo with a roof that properly belongs on a french chateau or a building built in 1823.

There is no doubt though, 'Disney design' sells units.

huh? There are definately different standards depending on where you are. You wouldn't expect a condo with above ground guest parking being built downtown, but in East York, thats perfectly acceptable (and more practical). I fail to see your point that your feel that was proved. I'm not a fan of cityplace, because I feel things like they should have for ex, a bigger streetwall for the bases of the buildings, lack of mixed use (office component), but transplant it to north york, it would be a great development for the area.

it will be a big improvement for the area and really create a lot more density along the 401 and the subway line.

Back