Toronto Danny Danforth Condos | 34.1m | 10s | GALA | Onespace

The site remains frozen in time:

20201025_123252.jpg
20201025_123327.jpg

Does anyone know who the new developer is?

If it's not the ones currently listed in the database, then...

Developer: Legal Limbo
Architect: Big Hole Plus Partners
Interior Design: Empty Spaces
Landscaping: Mother Nature & Time...
Engineering: Hope Those Posts Hold Up Inc.

.../le sigh

Last edited:
If it's not the ones currently listed in the database, then...

Developer: Legal Limbo
Architect: Big Hole Plus Partners
Interior Design: Empty Spaces
Landscaping: Mother Nature & Time...
Engineering: Hope Those Posts Hold Up Inc.

.../le sigh
Legal Team: Nemo & Associates (the attorney being Norman (pronounced "no man") Nemo)

Nemo being Latin for "nobody"

I saw the crane moving concrete from the concrete trucks and construction people woking at the site today?

anyone know what is happening?

Couldn't grab a pic, but there has been movement on the site.

The soldier piles are now tarped off with bright orange tarp.

There's also been a very small amount of new vertical concrete poured.

For those more knowledgeable than I in such things; why would one tarp off the piles?

Does any know whether the Car Wash and the 2 retail stores beside it (Bark and Scratch and the Vicenzo Supermarket) across the street from the On the Danforth Condos could be redeveloped to midrise condos?

I believe this lot is a good space for redevelopment because of its large space (80m x 30m) and its proximity to Woodbine and Main Street Subway stations and the Danforth GO station.

Yeah, the potential should be there for the car wash site and neighbouring low-rise. Nothing concrete happening yet, but hopefully someday. I wouldn't seeing those car dealerships another block west biting the dust too eventually.

The crane might be weathervaning, if you mean that the boom has changed places. If it's actually hoisting something however, maybe someone has purchased the site and is proceeding with the plans that Diam had.

Couldn't grab a pic, but there has been movement on the site.

The soldier piles are now tarped off with bright orange tarp.

There's also been a very small amount of new vertical concrete poured.

For those more knowledgeable than I in such things; why would one tarp off the piles?

@drum118

It was suggested that you might be able to shed light on this.

I've very rarely seen piles tarped.

Would this be for insulation during forming/curing?

Thanks for any insight.

@drum118

It was suggested that you might be able to shed light on this.

I've very rarely seen piles tarped.

Would this be for insulation during forming/curing?

Thanks for any insight.
Without seeing it or the site my guess it for protection of pour concrete. Can't recall seeing a pile trap at all, even at this time of the year. Could be the pile had no concrete and the trap was to make sure no snow or ice got into the hole until the concrete was pour at a later date.

At this time of the year, the orange trap is used for protection for many thing on site with orange being use for safety reason compared to other colours in the past.

Many site use the trap to keep snow of X from preparing the area for forming, placing of material to be bury in the concrete and after concrete is pour. Also to protect material to be use on site. It time lost removing snow/ice off forms waiting to have concrete pour on it. You will see labours shoveling snow off X as well using blowers to get the snow under the rebar, conducts and etc.

Project is definitely active again. Workers on site, and crane, purposefully active.

Pics taken Jan 15th, 2021.

1610754539972.png

1610754580596.png

1610754627381.png

1610754669956.png

Spoke to workers on site, briefly, (from a distance) and confirmed, so far as they know, the whole project is a go.

Also confirmed (no surprise) its not the original builder.

This Ad, found here: https://www.condosdeal.com/2359-danforth-avenue-condos-at-danforth-main/

Suggests that this is now a TGA group project.

1610754849427.png

Back