Toronto CrystalBlu Condos | ?m | 36s | Bazis | Burka

May 21st

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Thanks for the pics, DT. Overall the building's pretty disappointing. Coulda been so much better had it stayed blue and not gone for the gimmicky shards on its base.

Thanks for the pics, DT. Overall the building's pretty disappointing. Coulda been so much better had it stayed blue and not gone for the gimmicky shards on its base.

Hey, for a building and developer that a lot of people on this forum trashed and thought that it wouldnt ever get built...id say it didnt come out to bad.

While I agree it's not awful by any stretch of the imagination ... compared to how much better it could have been but for a few stylistic tweaks of its materials that wouldn't have cost Bazis anything more, I can't help but feel that it needlessly undermined its own (great) potential.

There's a new condo that I saw a few weeks ago driving up the DVP, probably around Eglinton on the east side which has the blue glass and panels I think most of us were expecting for Crystal Blu. Too bad it turned out like this - actually it really p*sses me off to be honest, but I do like the Balmuto Street facade so far.

^Ah yes, that's Accolade by Tridel. It certainly stands out in that area considering all the beige and grey buildings that dominate.

^Ah yes, that's Accolade by Tridel. It certainly stands out in that area considering all the beige and grey buildings that dominate.

It sure does! Just like Blu should have....

The building isn't bad but for the prominent location. It should have been much, much better, i.e. curtain-wall instead of window-wall. Also, the base is completely unresolved. Weird, actually. And I'm not even talking about the gimmicky 'crystals.'

Last edited:
I've an open mind to the crystals, I'll reserve judgment until the project is complete but so far I don't dislike them. The idea works better in person than in photographs.

Anyone actually like those crystal shards? They look like damage.
When they first started going in I liked them. But now as things have progressed farther I'm not such a big fan. Though I do like UD's idea of lighting them up, joking or not as he may be.

Back