Toronto CrystalBlu Condos | ?m | 36s | Bazis | Burka

Regarding the recent fire incident.

A rumor I picked up today while in the area.

Someone on a higher balcony could have thrown a lit cigarette butt (or other lit item) at the Crystal Blu from the adjacent brown building. Looking at the space between the buildings, it doesn't look impossible. Or with a makeshift slingshot more so.

Only a rumor.

A cigarette thrown from a balcony is a dangerous thing that I have experienced first hand. I had a fire that destroyed half my balcony because of someone in a higher unit flicked one off.

They can carry in the wind too and stay lit, very very dangerous! Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to ever tell who was the moron who did it.

Too true....

Just the other day one of my friends was upset with finding many butts on his balcony and it's obviously coming from above. He's complained to the condo board about doing something about it. There is zero reason for people tossing butts from balconies and vechicles or such. Serious fines are in order. Once again, another example of the throw--away-entitlement society we have now.

2 May 2010 update: Sunday, the lighting was just right (and I was in a good mood :)) and I felt Crystal made for a decent alleyway "date."

dsc03146f.jpg

It also looked decent from Bloor West:

dsc03127jk.jpg

Looks very decent from Bloor W. Now that it's about to be overtaken by Uptown, CB thankfully and appropriately is being relegated to infill status. Thanks for the pic, ud.

Uptown and Crystals presence from bloor west is really welcoming! Cant believe that just last year, there was nothing next to manulife... Its cool to see 2 residential towers popping up behind manulife! Awesome skyline fillers :D.. and awesome shots :D!

from York:

Attachments

• Toronto shots and pool May 2010 035.jpg
    Toronto shots and pool May 2010 035.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 165
  • Toronto shots and pool May 2010 017.jpg
    Toronto shots and pool May 2010 017.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 171
  • Toronto shots and pool May 2010 003.jpg
    Toronto shots and pool May 2010 003.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 165
Loving the views from here mike!!! I love how ROCP looks in the photo! They look pretty huge and beastly! Aura is just gonna explode from here! :D

Loving the views from here mike!!! I love how ROCP looks in the photo! They look pretty huge and beastly! Aura is just gonna explode from here! :D

I hope Aura does explode from there... because currently that skyline view looks pretty blah.

... and 1 Bloor will spice things up a bit too!

And 4 Seasons, & Five, & Cumberland Terrace redevelopment & Burano & U & .....

And 4 Seasons, & Five, & Cumberland Terrace redevelopment & Burano & U & .....

Its crazy isn't it!... but unfortunately (or fortunately) Aura will dominate this view and take out half the skyscrapers in the yorkville area!... but U condos for sure! :D

Back